Question My pc turns off automatically

Jul 28, 2020
So i haven't used my PC for a few months so when i turned it on and used it for a while it started to lockup after few hours of usage. I thought it was the PSU at first so changed it for a old one that i had. That PSU does have some minor problems. But after changing the PSU i used it for a while but then my monitor turns off but the fans and lights are running on the keyboard and mouse so now i don't know if its my HDD or ram or motherboard it can't be the ram because i tested it using memtest86 and it showed no error but my HDD had current pending sector issue which i fixed by zeroing the HDD i think its the PSU or the motherboard can any one help sorry for the bad English.

My pc specs
G31 mobo
Pentium e2200
GT210
4gb ddr2 ram
320gb HDD
500watt cheap psu
I'm planning to upgrade this pc so i want to know what's the problem is it motherboard or PSU or HDD

Ralston18

Titan
If you did not use the pc for a few months, it is now (or was) probably trying to catch up on updates.

Windows certainly, other software applications and drivers - perhaps.

Check Update History. Do not do anything at all until Windows is satisfied with getting itself updated.

PS: your English is fine. If there is some issue or concern with your wording or language, then anyone posting a response should ask for some additional clarification.

One other thought or question: are you sure that the PC only has 4 GB RAM?

If so, 4 GB RAM is far below what most OS's and software require to function.

Suggestion:

Power down, unplug and open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Then reseat all connectors (plugs), cards, RAM, and jumpers.

Try starting again.

Look in Reliability History - there may be some errors, warnings, or even informational events being captured that relate to the pc's problems.

Jul 28, 2020
If you did not use the pc for a few months, it is now (or was) probably trying to catch up on updates.

Windows certainly, other software applications and drivers - perhaps.

Check Update History. Do not do anything at all until Windows is satisfied with getting itself updated.

PS: your English is fine. If there is some issue or concern with your wording or language, then anyone posting a response should ask for some additional clarification.

One other thought or question: are you sure that the PC only has 4 GB RAM?

If so, 4 GB RAM is far below what most OS's and software require to function.

Suggestion:

Power down, unplug and open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Then reseat all connectors (plugs), cards, RAM, and jumpers.

Try starting again.

Look in Reliability History - there may be some errors, warnings, or even informational events being captured that relate to the pc's problems.
Thanks for the advice but i installed windows again because my HDD had current pending sector count issue so i zeroed my HDD and i'm using windows 7
edit: My backup PSU got a issue i have to flip it for it work

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS