Question My pc turns off then swaps between hdmi and analog

NeedPeeling

Prominent
Jun 19, 2019
Samsung syncmaster monitor

So my pc turned off right when windows was booted up. It then switched between analog and hdmi, my fans (gpu) would go slow and fast. I switched the power off and on and it booted up just fine. Also reapplied the cables in the pc and monitor.
I got an rx 580 asus rog gaming oc edition.
Vs550
A320m-s2h
Ryzen 5 2600
16gb ddr4 3000mhz vengeance lpx corsair

Is this a one time thing or is this my gpu's fault? I bought it used and i am fearing it may be faulty, i cant rma it. For now i am just going to see if it happens again.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
No way to know for sure. Run a full chkdsk /f and then sfc /scannow and check event viewer for clues.
The display going back and forth between the different inputs is normal for some models. It's searching for signal.
That power supply isn't the best. Do you have a better, spare PS you can test with?

NeedPeeling

Prominent
Jun 19, 2019
But it doesnt happen all the time, just this one time. I heard others talk about it but they had a gtx nvidia card, or it happend while gaming. With me it happend on start up. Windows was booted because i had to type in my password. I also cant seem to find a lot of information on this problem, so i think it was just a cable or something.

Latest posts