[SOLVED] My PC turns on as soon as I turn it on at the wall, and my motherboard lights up but the fans dont spint and the GPU doesnt run either.

May 2, 2020
I replaced my MOBO and CPU today with a i9 7980xe and Rampage VI extreme with 64gb of ram. I spent time building it today and when I finally plugged it in it turned on straight away, the lights on the motherboard turned on but nothing else. The power button wouldnt turn it off either. Any ideas?

Solution
Sorry for the late reply.
It could be a bios issue. According to the manual, your motherboard comes with 2 bios chips, which you can switch with the "BIOS_SWITCH" button in the bottom-right corner.
You can also give the MemOK button a shot. The manual covers the various on-board buttons and switches starting from page 1-9, for further reference.
May 2, 2020
*edit

Specs of pc before upgrade
Ryzen 3 2200g
B350 Pc Mate
64gb corsair 2400mhz ram
1200 watt corsair psu
aorus 1080ti
360m corsair aio

Specs after upgrade
i9 7820xe
rampage vi extreme
64gb corsair 2400mhz ram
1200 watt corsair psu
aorus 1080ti
360m corsair aio

The motherboard did not beep and all parts are relatively new

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
Could be a driver/BIOS problem. Try to flash the CMOS to see if that works. You'll also have to buy a new Windows license (if you want your windows activated), because you've switched your motherboard.

May 2, 2020
Could be a driver/BIOS problem. Try to flash the CMOS to see if that works. You'll also have to buy a new Windows license (if you want your windows activated), because you've switched your motherboard.
ive pressed the reset cmos on the back already a couple times, can't seem to find a cmos battery anywhere but ill keep you updated. cheers mate

May 2, 2020
First, make sure you plugged in all the cables. Try reseating the memory and/or booting with just one stick.
Do you get any error lights/beep codes?
yeah mate had all the cables plugged in. ill give the one stick of memory a crack tomorrow and keep you updated. no didnt hear any beeps or see and lights though im not sure if i need a speaker plugged into it or not. cheers mate

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
yeah mate had all the cables plugged in. ill give the one stick of memory a crack tomorrow and keep you updated. no didnt hear any beeps or see and lights though im not sure if i need a speaker plugged into it or not. cheers mate
My bad, I should have asked how many sticks of ram you have in the first place.
Your motherboard supports up to 128 GB of ram having 8 dimm slots, so max. 16GB/slot. So one 64 GB module isn't supported.

May 2, 2020
My bad, I should have asked how many sticks of ram you have in the first place.
Your motherboard supports up to 128 GB of ram having 8 dimm slots, so max. 16GB/slot. So one 64 GB module isn't supported.
Yeah I have 4 16gb ram modules installed in the corrected dim slots too.

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
Yeah I have 4 16gb ram modules installed in the corrected dim slots too.
Oh, sorry for misunderstanding.
If the memory is working and installed according to the manual, then the issue might realted to the graphics card. Have you tried another PCIe slot? Or connecting to a different graphics port?
For non VESA-certified DP cables there is a issue with the pin 20 (may or may not be your case).

May 2, 2020
Oh, sorry for misunderstanding.
If the memory is working and installed according to the manual, then the issue might realted to the graphics card. Have you tried another PCIe slot? Or connecting to a different graphics port?
For non VESA-certified DP cables there is a issue with the pin 20 (may or may not be your case).
all good mate, the gpu works fine as I have it running on my other pc at the moment. you think it could be an issue related to the cpu or mobo?

May 2, 2020
It could be. You might want to test the power supply (just to be sure) or to reseat the cpu.
Also, try to resetting teh cmos once again. You should press and hold the button for a few seconds.
Yeah I have the PSU running in another PC at the moment aswell, do you think it could be a bios issue?

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
Sorry for the late reply.
It could be a bios issue. According to the manual, your motherboard comes with 2 bios chips, which you can switch with the "BIOS_SWITCH" button in the bottom-right corner.
You can also give the MemOK button a shot. The manual covers the various on-board buttons and switches starting from page 1-9, for further reference.

Solution