Jun 8, 2019
So recently my pc keep suddenly shut down when i was gaming or watching youtube. The screen goes black, the numlock on the keyboard turn off too but the fan still spinning! I wait for like 5 minutes and the fan were still spinning! I tried to hold the power button but it still not shutdown. Usually after it shutdown i can turn it back on. But this time its just straight up dead. I tried everything from switching the RAM, tried another mainboard, take the GPU out, tried other RaM, clear CMOS... and it still doesnt work! Maybe that the CPU is dead but im not sure.
My mainboard: Biostar G31 M7 TE (7yrs old)
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6500 2.93Ghz
RAM: 2GB DDR2
PSU: Orient VN 650W

Help guys!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I would sooner go down PSU - never heard of that PSU so I would guess that it is very poor quality.
I'd swap the PSU for a known working (good quality) PSU and retest.

CPU dying is pretty rare, it happens, but it's usually much more likely something else is the problem. And power problems are usually indicative of a PSU problem, especially when the PSU is poor quality.

If you have any PSU available to try, use it. If this turns out to work, get a reputable PSU at least 80+ Bronze. As said above, CPU failures are rare... But even so, if you are getting a new PSU and it turns out to work, a Core 2 Quad wouldn't hurt anyway. Something like a q6600 or q6700 for less than £10 would give a nice speed boost to your PC

Jun 8, 2019
If you have any PSU available to try, use it. If this turns out to work, get a reputable PSU at least 80+ Bronze. As said above, CPU failures are rare... But even so, if you are getting a new PSU and it turns out to work, a Core 2 Quad wouldn't hurt anyway. Something like a q6600 or q6700 for less than £10 would give a nice speed boost to your PC
I would try if i have another psu
also, the pc is dead for 5 months but yesterday i tried to turn it on and it boot to the mainboard logo! I was so happy, i quickly connect the keyboars in but the pc freeze, i restart it and its dead again
So...the problem might be the mainboard itself.
help pls

If you know any friends or family who have a PC, ask if you could borrow their PSU. If it still doesn't work, I'd say it is a motherboard problem. You can get LGA 775 motherboards for less than £20, but you might want to take the opportunity to upgrade. People here are bound to recommend a good budget system that is more modern than what you have if you need to.

Jun 8, 2019
If you know any friends or family who have a PC, ask if you could borrow their PSU. If it still doesn't work, I'd say it is a motherboard problem. You can get LGA 775 motherboards for less than £20, but you might want to take the opportunity to upgrade. People here are bound to recommend a good budget system that is more modern than what you have if you need to.
Ok I'll try it.

Jun 12, 2019
You say that your motherboard is 7 years old, has the BIOS battery been replaced in that time. It might be worth replacing it before buying a new motherboard. The battery is about 20mm in diameter and silver colored .