My pc underperformed at gaming but seems fine at benchmark

senaganteng

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018
This is my 1st thread so please dont judge me if im wrong and excuse me for the english as its not my native language :)

So this is my pc spec :
- motherboard : asus b150m-c d3
- Prosessor : i5 6600 non K
- ram : avexir 1600mhz 8gb (dual channel)
- graphic card : msi armor gtx 1060 3gb
- psu : enermax naxn 80+ 500w
- ssd : samsung 850 evo 256gb
- hdd : 1tb baracuda 7200rpm

Yes my ram is ddr3 and yes i already read the motherboard spec from asus official and they stated it worked both ddr3 and ddr3l,, i think it should be fine until i upgraded it to i7 either kabylake or coffelake with proper ddr4 ram..

As to main issues is,, most of my games seems underperformed, for example is
I play r6 siege at v.high setting it didnt even reach 100fps (mostly only 70 - high 80) while everyone tested at youtube easily got 100+ fps with same spec as mine
Also the withcer 3 when passing thru the forest my fps drop to unplayable 30fps..
BF1 i can only play it at medium setting,, higher than medium my fps will drop bellow 60

I've test my pc with firestrike, heavenbenchmark, r15 cinebench and compared it with exact same spec at youtube and forums,, its seems okay since the result is almost the same as i got.

Was it ram or psu that causing this or theres something else causing this??

senaganteng

Prominent
Nov 26, 2018
Typo at my r6 siege fps, its only at 70-80 fps..
Yes i wont gain anything with only 60hz monitor,, but it still underperformed, and i do compare my pc with others that have 3gb vram..
Even 1050ti average fps is 70ish,, with same setting..