[SOLVED] My pc unexpectedly restarts after replacing a graphics card

Aug 3, 2019
I bought a GALAXY 2070 and replace the GALAXY 980. Then my pc begins to restart unexpectedly from time to time.

CPU i7-4790K
RAM 16gb ddr3 1600mhz
Motherboard gigabyte z97-hd3

So what’s wrong with my pc. Is the gpu not compatible with the motherboard? Or it is caused by that when I replace the 980 it’s 8+8pin while 2070 is 8+6pin and I used the same wire.

Please help me it’s sooo disturbing thanks.

Solution
Soooo Sorry my pc is at school i don’t remember the specific model number and brand. May I have your email or something through which I can be contact with you so that I can tell you as soon as I get the details thanks

When you a add a post the people in the thread get notified. You also don't need to reply to say you don't have the info and will get it later, just post something when you do. For that 4th gen system make sure you check for a BIOS update as well.
Soooo Sorry my pc is at school i don’t remember the specific model number and brand. May I have your email or something through which I can be contact with you so that I can tell you as soon as I get the details thanks

When you a add a post the people in the thread get notified. You also don't need to reply to say you don't have the info and will get it later, just post something when you do. For that 4th gen system make sure you check for a BIOS update as well.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Solution