[SOLVED] My PC used to work fine but now starts, reboots, and monitor says no signal?

Sep 7, 2019
When ever I turn my PC on it will sometimes stay on for 1 minute, sometimes 20 but it will always reboot itself and my monitor will say no signal.

The PC used to work fine but no longer works. Might this have something to do with the graphics card or does anyone have any helpful information?

Thanks.

Solution
My correct GPU (where I think the problem is) is a GTX 960.

Are you sure this is your exact GPU, because before you told you are having, the AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics ? What about your PSU ?

But anyways, Error code 43 is a generic message that typically indicates a problem with the hardware or software in Windows operating system. This error is often reported in Windows Device Manager. If you encounter this error with your graphics card, here are some troubleshooting ideas that may help fix it.

1) Update your graphics card driver.

2) Make sure your system is updated with the latest SBIOS and Windows updates

3) Check to make sure your system power supply meets the minimum recommended power requirement for your...
PC specs ?

-1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec

Sep 7, 2019
Overview
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Machine Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Memory 8 GB
Processor AMD A10-7700K Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. - F2A88XN-WIFI
Video Cards AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics
Monitors SA240Y
Hard Disk TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (1.0 TB)
Network Card Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

CPU

Processor
Name AMD A10-7700K
Code Name Kaveri
TDP 95.07422 W
Package Socket FM2+ (906)
Technology 28 nm
Core Voltage 1.42 V
Specification AMD A10-7700K Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G
Family 15
Model --
Stepping --
Ext. Family --
Ext. Model --
Revision KV-A1
Instructions MMX (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, SSE4A, XOP, x86-64, NX, VMX, AES, AVX, FMA3, FMA4

Clocks
Core Speed 3819.5 MHz
Multiplier x 38
Bus Speed 100.5 MHz
QPILink --

Cache
L1 Data 4 x 16 KBytes
L1 Inst 2 x 96 KBytes
Level 2 2 x 2048 KBytes
L1 Data --
L1 Inst --
Level 2 --
Level3 --

Motherboard

Motherboard
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Model F2A88XN-WIFI x.x
Chipset AMD K15 IMC
Revision 00
Southbrige AMD A88X FCH
Revision 2.6
LPCIO --

BIOS
Core Speed American Megatrends Inc.
Version F3
Date 01/09/2014

Graphic Interface
Version --
Transfer Rate --
Max. Supported --

Memory

General
Type DDR3
Size 8192 MBytes
Channel# --
DC Model --
NB Frequency --

Timings
DRAM Frequency 804.1 MHz
FSB:DRAM --
CAS# Latency(CL) 11 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay(tRCD) 11 clocks
RAS# Precharge(tRP) 11 clocks
Cycle Time(rRAS) 28 clocks
Bank Cycle Time(tRC) --
Command Rate(CR) --

Graphics

GPU
Name AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics
Code Name Kaveri
Technology --
Revision --

Clocks
Core 351.2 MHz
Shader --
Memory 800 MHz

Memory
Size 1024 MBytes
Type --
Bus Width --

Sep 7, 2019
I've posted my specs above, how ever the GPU is incorrect as it is now not being recognized by Windows?
"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Now that the GPU is no longer being recognized by windows I've had no issues but obviously I can't use the card if it's not being recognized.

Sorry for being so long winded and a noob. this is my first time trying to fiddle with computers.

Are you sure this is your exact GPU, because before you told you are having, the AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics ? What about your PSU ?

But anyways, Error code 43 is a generic message that typically indicates a problem with the hardware or software in Windows operating system. This error is often reported in Windows Device Manager. If you encounter this error with your graphics card, here are some troubleshooting ideas that may help fix it.

1) Update your graphics card driver.

2) Make sure your system is updated with the latest SBIOS and Windows updates

3) Check to make sure your system power supply meets the minimum recommended power requirement for your card

4) If your card needs additional power, make sure the PCIe supplemental power connector is plugged into the card

5) Replace the graphics card as it may be defective

Code 43 can mostly happens either if drivers fail or the hardware fails. Other option is that your GPU or motherboard slot failed. If your motherboard has more then one PCIe x16 slot, you can move GPU to another slot to rule out motherboard failure. Or you should test GPU in another machine to confirm that problem lies in the card.

Clear and reset ALL the CMOS/BIOS settings to default.

The above Error code 43 can be reported anytime when Windows does not recognize a device – whether it's a USB port, Hard drive, video card/GPU, or any other piece of hardware connected to the computer. Most of the time, error code 43 means that a device driver is either missing, corrupt, and/or outdated (so Windows has problems communicating properly with the hardware), or the hardware is faulty and needs to be replaced.

This error code points out that the Hardware might also be defective, which is the GPU. But before we jump to any conclusion, check the card on some other PC as well.

Solution