Question My pc was restarting on its own and now it's working with only one ram channel

Apr 24, 2023
So my pc was restarting randomly for the past two days and today it restarted again but didn't boot up again.
I tried to remove my ram sticks and I noticed my two ram sticks work fine but only in A1 and A2.
B1 and B2 don't work.
my CPU temp is fine I looked for damaged pins everything is fine
can someone help me here?
also, excuse my English

I have Ryzen 7 5800x
gigabyte 550 pro ac
3070ti

Apr 24, 2023
Are you using matched RAM sticks or are they different?

What power supply are you using make model and how old?
yes the ram sticks are the same and the Power supply is BE Quiet straight Power 11 platinum 850W and its 1 year old

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Ryzen chips do sometime lose a memory channel. I suspect that is what has happened.

Only way to check is to get another CPU, unfortunately. This might be the time to take it to a computer shop and ask if they can drop a different CPU in to verify. Then you can get AMD to replace your CPU since these things shouldn't fail that fast.

Apr 24, 2023
Ryzen chips do sometimes lose a memory channel. I suspect that is what has happened.

Only way to check is to get another CPU, unfortunately. This might be the time to take it to a computer shop and ask if they can drop a different CPU in to verify. Then you can get AMD to replace your CPU since these things shouldn't fail that fast.
I will try to take it to a computer shop tomorrow tysm.