[SOLVED] My pc will not boot

Jul 17, 2020
My boyfriend had issues with this pc and jsut bought another, letting this one sit for two years. He took the hdd and gave it to me with its original parts:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CSE0TVK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Y.KeFbBRT7WEC

Upon receiving it, he informed me it had power issues. That's it. I wiggled a cord and it worked. Come to find out what's wrong is it will sometimes boot and sometimes not, and when it doesn't it doesn't for days and has to be 100% drained of life to finally start again. I dealth with it off and on for a few months.

My brother sent me a corsair 750 psu and some fans to try. I bought a new hdd and ssd, my ssd having my windows on it, I swapped the bios battery. It still didn't work.

This week I caved and replaced the mobo and cpu. I installed the AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6-CORE and ASUS ROG STRIX B450 F successfully today. It still does the same thing. Does not boot.

I tried a different monitor to make sure it wasn't the display. When the pc turns on and the keyboard lights up, the display also is back-lit accordingly.

I'm feeling hopeless at this point, because I don't know why it won't boot and atleast give me BIOS or Win10 or anything. Not even errors. Tried removing ram I just bought (had to change from ddr3 to ddr4 with mobo) tried just one stick or moving the sticks location. Ive tried removing the battery while unplugged and pressing the power over and over. I tried the old psu again incase the new one had an issue. Reset all my cables. Even the light on the mobo is the one for boot issues, but the troubleshooting recommended in the manual didn't help.

Any suggestions would be great tbh.

Specs:
USED TO BE:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CSE0TVK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Y.KeFbBRT7WEC

REPLACED MOBO WITH ASUS ROG STRIX B450 F
REPLACED CPU WITH RYZEN 5 3600 6-CORE
REPLACED PSU WITH CORSAIR X750
REPLACED RAM WITH VENGEANCE 8GB DDR4
REPLACED CMOS BATTERY
REPLACED HDD AND SSD

Solution
I've no idea either, unless the C drive is dead, but that shouldn't stop you from getting into bios.
2 things I know of that can stop users from accessing bios:
-Gpu: if the cpu doesn't have integrated graphics
-Faulty motherboard
Jul 17, 2020
My boyfriend had issues with this pc and jsut bought another, letting this one sit for two years. He took the hdd and gave it to me with its original parts:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CSE0TVK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Y.KeFbBRT7WEC

Upon receiving it, he informed me it had power issues. That's it. I wiggled a cord and it worked. Come to find out what's wrong is it will sometimes boot and sometimes not, and when it doesn't it doesn't for days and has to be 100% drained of life to finally start again. I dealth with it off and on for a few months.

My brother sent me a corsair 750 psu and some fans to try. I bought a new hdd and ssd, my ssd having my windows on it, I swapped the bios battery. It still didn't work.

This week I caved and replaced the mobo and cpu. I installed the AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6-CORE and ASUS ROG STRIX B450 F successfully today. It still does the same thing. Does not boot.

I tried a different monitor to make sure it wasn't the display. When the pc turns on and the keyboard lights up, the display also is back-lit accordingly.

I'm feeling hopeless at this point, because I don't know why it won't boot and atleast give me BIOS or Win10 or anything. Not even errors. Tried removing ram I just bought (had to change from ddr3 to ddr4 with mobo) tried just one stick or moving the sticks location. Ive tried removing the battery while unplugged and pressing the power over and over. I tried the old psu again incase the new one had an issue. Reset all my cables. Even the light on the mobo is the one for boot issues, but the troubleshooting recommended in the manual didn't help.

Any suggestions would be great tbh.

Specs:
USED TO BE:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CSE0TVK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Y.KeFbBRT7WEC

REPLACED MOBO WITH ASUS ROG STRIX B450 F
REPLACED CPU WITH RYZEN 5 3600 6-CORE
REPLACED PSU WITH CORSAIR X750
REPLACED RAM WITH VENGEANCE 8GB DDR4
REPLACED CMOS BATTERY
REPLACED HDD AND SSD

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
According to https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B450-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_CPU/ it is compatible, though bios may need updated, but I cannot even get that far.
Well, sure - with the correct bios.
Since the launch of Ryzen 3000, manufacturers have produced newer versions of some of their 300 and 400 series boards that already carry the updated bios.
They've been marked with an orange 'Ryzen 3000 Desktop Ready' badge on the motherboard's packaging.
Unfortunately, some of the older versions of those board are still in the mix, and users have a chance of ending up with one of those instead.

Reactions: mktd106
Jul 17, 2020
Well, sure - with the correct bios.
Since the launch of Ryzen 3000, manufacturers have produced newer versions of some of their 300 and 400 series boards that already carry the updated bios.
They've been marked with an orange 'Ryzen 3000 Desktop Ready' badge on the motherboard's packaging.
Unfortunately, some of the older versions of those board are still in the mix, and users have a chance of ending up with one of those instead.

It does have the sticker, just checked :)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The monitor is plugged into the gpu and not the motherboard?

Now I'm wondering if the gpu is dead - does your brother have a spare gpu to test with?
The Ryzen 3600 does not have an iGPU, so if the gpu is dead, the display would have no signal.

Jul 17, 2020
The monitor is plugged into the gpu and not the motherboard?

Now I'm wondering if the gpu is dead - does your brother have a spare gpu to test with?
The Ryzen 3600 does not have an iGPU, so if the gpu is dead, the display would have no signal.
He just ordered me a cheap $30 one to test since I spent all my money on the cpu and mobo, so we will see. I think it's the gpu too, but don't understand how the gpu is having signal enough to remove the "no display" symbol and not receive a white light from the mobo as an issue.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I've no idea either, unless the C drive is dead, but that shouldn't stop you from getting into bios.
-Faulty motherboard

Solution
Jul 17, 2020
-Faulty motherboard
Yeah, I really do think it's the gpu. I appreciate the help, I'll see what happens when this temporary one shows up

It was marked on the box, and the asus page for the cpu that it's compatible. I'm at this point thinking it's the gpu since that's the only thing I haven't replaced
Alright, good. have you gone through all the steps here?
You already stated that the q-led's weren't helpful. Any beeps from the system?

On the off chance, have you tried plugging it directly into the wall or a different outlet?

Jul 17, 2020
Yeah, I have tried the steps and a different outlet. The mobo only has the led lights, no beeps, and plugging in a speaker doesn't generate beeps. My brother is sending me a $30 gpu and some of the beep speaker boxes you install on the motherboard to run some tests this Wednesday. I'll keep you posted!

Jul 17, 2020
I received the speaker box and the beeps showed nothing new. Received the new gpu and it works. Super happy I atleast know now that it was my gpu all along. Just wish I replaced that before the mobo and cpu😂

Jul 17, 2020
I received the speaker box and the beeps showed nothing new. Received the new gpu and it works. Super happy I atleast know now that it was my gpu all along. Just wish I replaced that before the mobo and cpu😂