[SOLVED] My pc will not turn on.

Sikkyqpen

Prominent
Mar 30, 2019
this is the first pc I have ever built. Whenever I try to turn on the power supply the motherboard will just flash. No fans will spin, the speaker won’t beep, only the motherboards LEDs will flash once. I have tried reapplying the CPU, trying different slots for ram and replugging wires and still the motherboard flashes only once. What should I do? I can’t access BIOS because my computer won’t turn on.

Motherboard: B360 Aorusgaming 3 WIFI
CPU: intel i5-9600k
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070
PSU: CORSAIR RM550x

Last edited:
main suspect could be the cpu went on part picker and said something about bios update.

some Intel B360 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Coffee Lake Refresh CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
As a general answer - no. Only in some rare circumstances or if you have a boot kit from the manufacturer.

Best thing you can do is contact your seller and find out what BIOS it shipped out with - if its F11 or newer, you don't have to worry.

I'm assuming you mistyped and your MB is actually a B360 Aorus, in which case you can contact GIgabyte to see if they can offer support on an update - I'm not aware of the Aorus being one of the very few MB that can perform a BIOS update without a CPU.