[SOLVED] My pc will turn on then off. Bought a brand new psu so it can’t be the problem

Jan 21, 2019
Recently been building a pc and the pc turns on then off. I notice my gpu light stays on while the motherboard lights flicker and turn off as well as the rest of my pc. I just bought a new psu 750 w for my pc and my graphics card is a 1070. Could the problem be my motherboard? Because when I connect my fan to the psu it still doesn’t turn on. Help asap

Solution
Do you still have your old psu to test with? its possible you got a bad PSU.

if not Check that all your plugs are in tightly, if your psu is modular make sure have everything plugged into the proper socket.

if that doesnt fix anything, start eliminating things. Unplug/remove your gpu, your hdd/ssd, all but one stick of ram, and anything else thats not needed.

Not quite sure what you mean about when your fan is plugged into the PSU thing, but it does sound like it could be a motherboard problem.
Do you still have your old psu to test with? its possible you got a bad PSU.

if not Check that all your plugs are in tightly, if your psu is modular make sure have everything plugged into the proper socket.

if that doesnt fix anything, start eliminating things. Unplug/remove your gpu, your hdd/ssd, all but one stick of ram, and anything else thats not needed.

Not quite sure what you mean about when your fan is plugged into the PSU thing, but it does sound like it could be a motherboard problem.

Solution