Question My PC with a Gigabyte GA-AB350M Gaming 3 keeps restarting with a black screen ?

Jul 22, 2022
I updated the bios on my GA-AB350M Gaming 3 motherboard to upgrade from ryzen 5 2600 to ryzen 5 3600 and tried to turn on secure boot in order to install windows 11 ( i modified the keys to enable secure boot ) i did enable but after the first restart my device went into a loop of restarting every 3 seconds with no post at all .. tried clearing the cmos and it didn't work either.. any solution please?!

I updated the bios on my GA-AB350M Gaming 3 motherboard to upgrade from ryzen 5 2600 to ryzen 5 3600 and tried to turn on secure boot in order to install windows 11 ( i modified the keys to enable secure boot ) i did enable but after the first restart my device went into a loop of restarting every 3 seconds with no post at all .. tried clearing the cmos and it didn't work either.. any solution please?!
Try to short the CLR CMOS pin and press then hold the power button for 5 secs, turn off psu, unplug cmos battery, replace cpu with 2600 if you did use 3600, unshort the jumper, put the cmos battery back, boot to windows, and do this:

follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours since it's 12 threads, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• shut down the PC, Replace to R5 3600 and try to boot to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (version F51f with agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.06.xx), then reboot. after that check in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > AMD Chipset Software and see if its already ver 4.06.xx that's installed. And check if windows uses Ryzen Balanced Power Plan as default instead of regular power plan.

• Install the latest gpu driver, reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, put ram on slot A2 and B2 (slot 2 and 4), also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Jul 22, 2022
Thank you for replying .. first of all I'm out of thermal compound unfortunately so I'm waiting for the new one in order to return to the r5 2600 .. second, is it necessary to to Uninstall the gpu driver? ( gonna do it anyway but I'm asking in the matter of knowledge )

Thank you for replying .. first of all I'm out of thermal compound unfortunately so I'm waiting for the new one in order to return to the r5 2600 .. second, is it necessary to to Uninstall the gpu driver? ( gonna do it anyway but I'm asking in the matter of knowledge )
I usually do that if im lazy to clean install the windows, just to make sure (did that on some pc including 2 of mine, didnt bug out like crashing games).

Jul 22, 2022
Unfortunately swapping from 3600 to 2600 didn't help either.. same problem .. It just keeps rebooting without any signal on the screen .. I did all that you've already mentioned in the beginning but I couldn't proceed further

Unfortunately swapping from 3600 to 2600 didn't help either.. same problem .. It just keeps rebooting without any signal on the screen .. I did all that you've already mentioned in the beginning but I couldn't proceed further
so swapping cpu + clr cmos (take battery off, short clrcmos jumper, power on psu, hold power button for 5 secs, power off psu, place battery back) didnt work?

Oct 3, 2022
hi, have your problem solved?