Question My PC won’t boot with all my RAM ?

Nov 8, 2022
I’ve recently had some issues with my pc (specs below) that I’ve miserably attempted to fix and used all my prior knowledge to try and resolve, to no avail.

My computer wouldn’t boot into windows and instead it would start up and give no signal to my monitors (black screen). I scoured the internet for solutions and found lots of different ideas, some helpful, others not. This is what I have done so far:

I’ve managed to get into the bios only when using 1 stick of RAM. When I do this, I can force boot (through the bios) onto my SSD and access windows. At this point, with 4GB of RAM, my computer is fully functional, however if I restart it or try to add more RAM it will go back to the black screen. The only way I can get back to the bios is with one stick of RAM and clearing the CMOS.

I’ve took everything off the motherboard and inspected it to look for any burnt tracks or bulging capacitors, I’ve looked at the CPU socket for any bent pins or thermal paste on the pins, I’ve moved the SSD to another m.2 slot, I’ve updated the BIOS. Nothing seems to work. If anyone has had similar issues or any guidance, it would be greatly appreciated as my only next step is to take it to a pc shop and get ripped off by them. Thanks

Specifications:
MOBO- Asus Prime Z370-P
CPU- Intel I5-9600kf
RAM- 4X4GB DDR4 2400Mhz
GPU- Zotac Mini GTX 1070TI
SSD- 500GB M2 SSD
PSU – 600W

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? As for your rams, can you take the sticks of ram and drop them into a known working motherboard/system(that will accept DDR4 ram)? As for your PSU, 600W is the advertised it doesn't tell us the quality of the unit. Please mention the make and model of the PSU as well as it's age.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022
Thank you for your welcome!

The BIOS version is 3004, I don't really have a backup system to troubleshoot with and it's a Be quite PSU, not sure as to the age as the computer is second-hand.