Question My pc won’t turn on immediately after shutting it down

gamersab

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
I’ve started to experience it since yesterday that if I shutdown pc and turn it back on nothing will happen but disconnecting power source 2-3 times waiting for few minutes work but PC starts automatically then without pushing the button.
Moreover I’d like to add that I bought it few weeks back and my motherboard is missing CMOS battery.
Could it be due to CMOS battery or bad PSU?

I’ve MSI H81i
i5 4690
HIS RX 580 4GB X2
Cooler master V1200 Platinum (1200watts)
8GB (4x4) 1600MHZ

I’ve started to experience it since yesterday that if I shutdown pc and turn it back on nothing will happen but disconnecting power source 2-3 times waiting for few minutes work but PC starts automatically then without pushing the button.
Moreover I’d like to add that I bought it few weeks back and my motherboard is missing CMOS battery.
Could it be due to CMOS battery or bad PSU?

I’ve MSI H81i
i5 4690
HIS RX 580 4GB X2
Cooler master V1200 Platinum (1200watts)
8GB (4x4) 1600MHZ

The CMOS battery only keeps your BIOS settings... without it, at every startup the CMOS will be reset. That has nothing to do with your computer not powering up though... this issue points at the PSU mainly. Can you test with another PSU?

Also I'll advise you to buy a CR2032 battery for your motherboard... it's really cheap and it'll save you from setting the hour and other BIOS settings(if you have done any) at every startup.

bryanc723

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2015
By immediately, are you talking like 10 seconds after you power it down, or are you talking about powering it back up right directly after it turns off? Sometimes there is a delay of a few seconds qhere it won't take commands. Also how are you shutting it down? With the windows shutdown sequence or by pushing or holding down the power button?