[SOLVED] My pc won't boot after swapping newer mobo

Sep 7, 2020
My previous build ryzen 5 2600 with asrock b450m pro4 and all other components have no problem.. But I want to upgrade mobo for next gen ryzen.. So I bought asrock b550m steel legend.. Have connect all the part.. And sit 2 ram.. But it won't boot and no beep.. But fan do spins

Last edited:
Solution
A total window installation means all the program I installed on the os drive will be clean wipe is it?
I didn't do no back up.. So that would suck if it's clean wipe
Using Windows 10, it allows you to reinstall / wipe / erase data just like on a smartphone when you delete all the user data and do a "factory reset". But in this case, reinstalling.

You can choose:
-Delete all files and perform a fresh windows installation.
-Reinstall Windows KEEPING FILES AND DOCUMENTS (obviously not the installed programs).
This will work for you!
Sep 7, 2020
Ram is absolutely necessary. Without - it will not post nor give any image on screen.
OK.. I got it to post and bios.. But it doesn't boot... It detect my nvme which from previous build with OS instslled.. And have set it to 1st priority and without other drives... It still show the reboot and select proper boot device..
I've done the F11 and select the nvme but it's still go to reboot and select proper screen

Rukazu

Prominent
Jul 16, 2020
You need to set the mother in LEGACY mode istead "uefi". I had the same issue before reinstalling windows.

set CSM mode on hard disk configurations too.

All this options are in the bios, in bios mode set "legacy" instead UEFI and set CSM mode in boot mode settings . It would boot up fine after that =)

Last edited:
Reactions: Satsuppii
Sep 7, 2020
If you manage it to boot, you'll still have issues with:
incompatible drivers (bad system performance, bsods/crashes),​
broken windows activation.​

It's best to reinstall windows.
A total window installation means all the program I installed on the os drive will be clean wipe is it?

Rukazu

Prominent
Jul 16, 2020
Using Windows 10, it allows you to reinstall / wipe / erase data just like on a smartphone when you delete all the user data and do a "factory reset". But in this case, reinstalling.

You can choose:
-Delete all files and perform a fresh windows installation.
-Reinstall Windows KEEPING FILES AND DOCUMENTS (obviously not the installed programs).
This will work for you!

Solution