[SOLVED] My PC won't boot at all, but everything is being powered up [CPU LED is on, more info below].

Feb 24, 2021
So first, here's a list of my specs:
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II (Motherboard)
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (CPU)
Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 (GPU)
I bought 2 separate sticks of 8 GB DDR4 RAM, they run at the same speed which is if I remember right 3000MHz
I don't think it's needed but I have a 1 TB HDD and a 240 GB SSD
My PSU is a Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze.

This is my first PC build, wanted to get into it as my girlfriend is interested in PC gaming and I also wanted to enjoy all the extras that come with PC gaming such as modding. But anyway, I've tried reseating the CPU 3-4 times, I've updated the BIOS to version 7C02vH4, right now I have the CMOS battery out for 30 minutes, I've also reseated all the power cables. Honestly, I'm not sure what to think about it. The CPU LED comes on and stays on when I power up the system so I assume it's a CPU problem because I don't think I got a faulty motherboard.

If anybody needs more details about this, I can try and give more in replies, but if anyone can help my system boot, it'd be a huge help and I'd be forever in someone's debt if they can get me to fix this. I thank everyone in advance for the help.

Solution
If the CPU light is on then that's why its not booting up.
I would breadboard the system outside of the case with nothing extra that isn't needed (like drives) and see if it will get into the bios. You'll need motherbd, cpu & cooler, ram , gpu, & psu.
If it works like this then look in the motherbd area of the case for a miss-placed standoff screw that was shorting out the bottom of the motherbd.
If it still doesn't work then power off and remove the CPU; looking for something wrong such as ben pins, overflowing thermal paste, or something.

popatim

Titan
I would breadboard the system outside of the case with nothing extra that isn't needed (like drives) and see if it will get into the bios. You'll need motherbd, cpu & cooler, ram , gpu, & psu.
If it works like this then look in the motherbd area of the case for a miss-placed standoff screw that was shorting out the bottom of the motherbd.
If it still doesn't work then power off and remove the CPU; looking for something wrong such as ben pins, overflowing thermal paste, or something.

Solution
Feb 24, 2021

I actually solved it after, managed to get it working with a different CPU that I ordered in, but thank you anyway for the response and I'll keep the answer in mind if I ever do another complete build later down the line!

Feb 24, 2021
Your CPU was bad? WOW! That's rare!

I've heard that kind of thing was rare!

Though, while I have you if it's alright, I do have another problem. I initially booted with one stick of RAM, set up the PC as well with only one stick but I have another stick I wanted to try, both sticks are the exact same [Patriot Viper DDR4 8GB 3000MHz]

I tried booting with each RAM stick into the second slot (or dimmA2, whichever is preferred) and both worked fine, however when I try to put another stick into the fourth slot (or dimmB2), it won't boot. It says on my motherboard debug lights that it's a DRAM problem but I'm not sure what it would be if the sticks are both good. I asked my buddy and he told me to clear the CMOS and try booting with one stick, enabling XMP, then doing the second stick again, but I figure I'd ask you as you seem to be smart as well.

I don't absolutely NEED 16 GB of RAM but it would be nice to get it working, I'll admit I did only build this PC to play some of my older games at a consistent 60 frames with modding, so I'm not too worried about playing the latest games or whatever currently.

Thanks in advance if you do have any solutions to the problem, and apologies on the wall of text.

popatim

Titan
Do as he suggested. Since those require 1.35v (1.2 is the normal ddr4 voltage) enabling XMP should also change the voltage. If it doesn't then manually change it yourself . Then save the bios and exit.
Windows itself doesn't care if you change the amount of ram after it's been installed.

Feb 24, 2021
Do as he suggested. Since those require 1.35v (1.2 is the normal ddr4 voltage) enabling XMP should also change the voltage. If it doesn't then manually change it yourself . Then save the bios and exit.
Windows itself doesn't care if you change the amount of ram after it's been installed.

Will try this once I get up the next morning. I doubt it's a motherboard problem and I'm hoping I won't need to RMA the board, but if I may ask just to be sure, the process goes like this? Boot with first stick in A2, go into bios and change XMP so that the voltage is 1.35v, then save bios and exit, shut down the PC, and install second RAM stick into B2?

I've been trying the RAM today and I'm not sure if this is useful to you or not, but the RAM works in A1 and A2, but not B1 or B2, however, both RAM sticks do work themselves as mentioned. If I'm getting the method wrong, please tell me as I'll admit the last thing I want is screwing up the motherboard or bios somehow with me being new and all to this.