Question My PC won't boot at home but it works at repair store ?

Ruriko

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2013
I'm having trouble booting my PC it literally takes like over dozen times to finally boot. I have tried getting it repaired but the technician said it works totally fine at their end so they sent my PC back and somehow it mysterious worked again which is weird since they haven't changed anything. Two months later the booting problem came back so I tried to get RMA but technician said they can boot fine at their place so they won't give me a replacement if they can't replicate the problem.

They assume it may be a problem with my house power supply. I have tried using a different power board and tried plugging into a different room in the house but it still won't boot. I don't know why it works at the repair center but not my house. I can power on other devices like a microwave, air conditioner, portable heater since they use more wattage so why it can't power on a PC? Unless electricity is completely different in different states. I live in Brisbane while repair center is in Sydney.

Here's a video View: https://imgur.com/a/TTyGzdR

When I try to turn it on I hear a click, only RGB lights on the RAM light up. I can feel airflow coming out of the PSU area and keyboard & mouse have RGB lights on

PC Specs:

Case: Deepcool CK560 Mid-Tower – Black [DPC-CK560-ATX-BLK]
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 | 6 Cores | 3.8 GHz (Max 5.1 GHz) [AMD-R5-7600]
MOTHERBOARD: MSI PRO B650-P WI-FI ATX – DDR5 [MSI-PRO-B650P-ATX-WIFI]
RAM: ADATA XPG SPECTRIX RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz DDR5 – Black [ADTA-XPG-LANCER-2X16GB-6000M]
GPU: MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 VENTUS 3X OC – 12GB [MSI-RTX4070-VENTUSOC-12GB]
POWER SUPPLY: InWin 850W 80 Plus Gold – Modular [INW-P85-GLD]
CPU COOLING SYSTEM: DeepCool AK400 Air Cooler [DPC-COOLER-AK400]
THERMAL COMPOUND: Stock Thermal Compound
Case Fans: 4x DeepCool Stock 120mm ARGB Fans
PRIMARY SSD: 500GB GIGABYTE AORUS M.2 Gen4 M.2 (R: 5000MBs| W: 3800MB/s) [GIG-AORUS-SSD-500GB-M2]
FIRST HARD DRIVE: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM [SGT-BRCDA-HDD-1TB]
WI-FI & BLUETOOTH: Onboard Motherboard Wi-Fi & Bluetooth

Does anyone have any solution ?

Ralston18

Titan
Unfortunately the video moves too fast (for me anyway) to really see anything.

And pauses often were blurry.

= = = =

Did the repair center use the same PC power cord that you use?

Is it possible to have your outlet voltages checked?

That said:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

My thought being that something is continuing to work loose over time as a result of expansion, contraction, and vibration.

The shop may have simply checked such things and did not even realize that something was all that loose and "fixed" by simply being pushed or wiggled.....

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
A buddy of mine had a very similar issue with his PC and when he brought it here after exhausting his number of returns (3) to the POS, it booted up just fine. He lived in a condo at the time and something was awry with the mains. We ended up patching over his issue with a UPS unit that he also had to bring here to charge up properly, but then his PC would run fine for weeks at a time or until the house lost power.
When he moved to a new home the issue completely resolved.