[SOLVED] My pc won't boot from my ssd

Andreas422

Prominent
Mar 24, 2019
One day i came home to my pc, it wouldnt boot or anything i then tried to get a new PSU and a new notherbaord+ cpu after that it boots to bios but i will not detect my ssd where my windows is installed, i even tried my friends ssd wich is working on his own pc but i will still not detect the ssd on my own setup.
I even tried putting the ssd into my friends pc to see if it would detect it, and i got nothing, i tried disk mangement and so on and it wont show up anywhere.
could it be the ssd is fried and the cabels or the sata ports in my motherboard?

Solution
depends.
if it was a power surge that caused your pc to off. or your psu died you may have damaged components. or if the ssd died it might have damaged the sata controller on the motherboard. (unlikely but possible) (try the other sata ports)

or he has his bios set to eufi mode rather than bios or vise versa and yours is set to the other.
eufi mode gives options for hardware level encryption and security options such as secureboot.(may be called something different depending on manufacturer)
depends.
if it was a power surge that caused your pc to off. or your psu died you may have damaged components. or if the ssd died it might have damaged the sata controller on the motherboard. (unlikely but possible) (try the other sata ports)

or he has his bios set to eufi mode rather than bios or vise versa and yours is set to the other.
eufi mode gives options for hardware level encryption and security options such as secureboot.(may be called something different depending on manufacturer)

Reactions: Andreas422
Solution

TRENDING THREADS