[SOLVED] My pc won't boot from USB (trying to install windows)

Feb 8, 2021
I don't know what setting should i choose to see USB drive in boot menu. I have a USB3 stick with Windows 11 on it made with rufus and i'm trying to install windows 11. I have 16GB RAM and i5 10400F.

Solution
Hey there,

So, just go to the boot menu in the bios, and highlight the USB. Then normally you press F6/F7 (this may be different on your mobo, but your bios will show you - just look closely) to move the USB up to the 1st position in the boot order. Once you have done that, typically you press F10 to save and exit, or go the end tab in your bios, and choose to exit and save. Your PC should restart and automatically boot the USB.

Just go slowly. You'll see it.

edit: If you still have issues, just use the download tool from MS. You system is new enough and has TPM 2.0 and Secure boot. Why did you use Rufus?
Hey there,

So, just go to the boot menu in the bios, and highlight the USB. Then normally you press F6/F7 (this may be different on your mobo, but your bios will show you - just look closely) to move the USB up to the 1st position in the boot order. Once you have done that, typically you press F10 to save and exit, or go the end tab in your bios, and choose to exit and save. Your PC should restart and automatically boot the USB.

Just go slowly. You'll see it.

edit: If you still have issues, just use the download tool from MS. You system is new enough and has TPM 2.0 and Secure boot. Why did you use Rufus?

Solution
Feb 8, 2021
I have 2 USB drives, one with older Windows 10 instalation i already used months ago and a new one with Windows 11 instalation. I just upgraded my pc today from i5 2400 to i5 10400F, bought a new motherboard (Gigabyte H410M H V3) and two sticks of 8GB RAM (G Skill somthing 2666mhz) and i cannot boot from USB. My pc screen stays black after i select usb drive from boot menu. I have latest bios version too.