Question My PC won't Boot PLEASE HELP

Dec 14, 2019
So for the 5 months I've had my PC after 7 -8 hour gaming sessions it would turn off I didn't see it as a big deal I would just wait a bit then turn it back on. Yesterday I was playing and then it turned off but this time I smelt smoke I was worried and immediately switched off the socket .Then after a while (as I usually do) I went to turn it back on then there was a slight light or something near the GPU then I smelt the smoke again from the PSU and turned off my PC and ordered a new PSU. Today it came and I installed it but nothing is turning on no lights anywhere , I could swear I smell something when I turn it on but that might just be normal can someone help me out???

Dec 14, 2019
Asus GTX 1080
16GB DDR4 2400MHZ
RYZEN 5 3600
GIGABYTE B350M-DS3H
1TB HARDRIVE
Aerocool Integrator 700W Power Supply (New Power Supply)
Don't know the brand of old one but it is 500W

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I would double and even triple check the motherboard for any black burn marks and check all the cable connector (on the motherboard, video card, etc) for any signs of melting.
It's very possible your extremely cheap original PSU fried your GPU or Motherboard.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019
I would double and even triple check the motherboard for any black burn marks and check all the cable connector (on the motherboard, video card, etc) for any signs of melting.
It's very possible your extremely cheap original PSU fried your GPU or Motherboard.
holy <Mod Edit> wel I don’t really see any melts apart fr the standoffs look damaged but idk if that is normal originally when I turned it back on with my old psu the gpu lights turned on but they don’t anymore literally nothing happens when I plug in the pc NOTHING how can I test for what is broken I have a spare Ryzen 5 3400g if that can do anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 14, 2019
You will need to test the new PSU, GPU, CPU and RAM in another PC to make sure they actually still work.
Or take it to a PC shop and have them test ALL those parts.

And if they all work, you know the MB is likely fried.
I installed my new motherboard
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-PRIME...ywords=Ryzen+3000+ready&qid=1576786024&sr=8-3
Pressed power all lights turned on fans Spinned but then stopped lights are still on but won’t power even when I reset just sits their with lights on.

Dec 14, 2019
Don't think it will burn your pc down,but you could have gotten something alot better as well. Don't take customer reviews as proof. Look at professional reviewes like here or at jonnyguru. A thread with some more info,
Discussion - Power supply discussion and recommended models thread | Tom's Hardware Forum
I installed my new motherboard
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-PRIME...ywords=Ryzen+3000+ready&qid=1576786024&sr=8-3
Pressed power all lights turned on fans Spinned but then stopped lights are still on but won’t power even when I reset just sits their with lights on.