[SOLVED] My PC wont boot

d_animality

Reputable
May 9, 2019
Hi, i have this old PC but still work perfectly fine,

however the GPU is toast last year so i bought a new one to replace it, the computer wont boot, so i thought its the Graphic Card issue,

but then i dont know somehow instead of removing the graphic card, i tried removing 2 sticks of my ram from 1 and 3 slots... and the computer booted perfectly...

i tried installing the RAM back again, it wont boot...

sorry, what i mean by boot in the case is the computer can be turned on but they wont detect the peripherals like keyboard so it wont boot to windows.. easier to detect is since my keyboard have lightings, when i removed the 2 rams, the keyboard lights up and vice versa

what is the problem here? now my computer runs with 4GB ram only and it is quite lagg :(

its
ABIT IP35 pro motherboard
750W PSU corsair GOLD
GIGABYTE GTX 750 Ti card,
Corsair XMS2 PC-6400 2GBx2 (Atm)

please help

Solution
Look it's hard to say with such an old system what might be the problem. Maybe the cpu is having problems, but the memory controller is in the chipset on this socket so probably the motherboard.

Could try a clear cmos. Could look if giving abit more voltage to the ram will make things more stable or maybe even to the chipset.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Look it's hard to say with such an old system what might be the problem. Maybe the cpu is having problems, but the memory controller is in the chipset on this socket so probably the motherboard.

Could try a clear cmos. Could look if giving abit more voltage to the ram will make things more stable or maybe even to the chipset.

Solution

d_animality

Reputable
May 9, 2019
Ok so havent doing this for a while.. 1 stick at a time? How long? Is few hours enough? I used to run it overnight but as u said now its an old system.: if i can do it shorter hours would be great

d_animality

Reputable
May 9, 2019
Okay i didnt manage to successfully boot into my USB with Memtest, i dont know why so i did things in the manual way

First, i read about changing the CMOS battery solved the issue, so i reaplced the battery (just in case since its already i dont know when was the last time i replaced it)

Then i just did things manual way... marked the 2 working RAMs with stickers, so i put all 4 RAMS in the slot and boot my computer... as expected it wont boot with Post indication "C1"

according to the manual
===============================================
C1
Detect memory

-Auto-detection of DRAM size, type and ECC

-Auto-detection of L2 cache (socket 7 or below)
===============================================

So i took out all the ram and put back the 2 marked working ram back to slot 1 & 3 and voila... the computer boots...

i then tried to put them back to slot 2 & 4 and the computer boots again normally..

Thus, i know its one of the other 2 RAM that is not working... im so lazy to find out which cause i cannot find the new same RAM model here thus i plan just to replace all of them with new set of RAM... atleast i know its not the mobo's problem..

what do you think?

Latest posts