Question My PC wont connect to my monitor and I have no idea why and i keeps happening!

Mar 31, 2022
Yesterday evening I was in NZXT Cam and pumped up my core clock but not that much, then I open flight simulator 2020 and while its loading I click fullscreen and and the monitor just goes black and loses signal. My PC keeps running so I turn it off and after some messing around with my graphics cards input ports it turned on, just everything is stretched out horizontally. I log in and try to fix the stretch and when I change the resolution back to normal (I think) my pc does it again and loses signal.

I think this is a good time to mention my PC absolutely sucks and while it has decent specs it just absolutely hates it when you do so much as say "overclocking" within a three-foot radius of it.

Here are the specs:
Ryzen 5 1600
Radeon rx 570
16gb corsair vengeance (2x8 sticks)
Asrock b450m (The grand potato of motherboards)
Corsair 450w PSU
and 6 fans
Windows 11

I should also mention some of the previous issues I have had with this thing:
  1. I regularly have this issue which usually seems to relate to the weird monitor situation I have. I have a VGA cable from my monitor to my PC but my GPU does have VGA so then I have a DisplayPort adapter into my GPU. In the past I've never had a specific solution to that but usually its been something like unplugging and plugging in my adapter into different GPU ports util it figures itself out.
  2. Recently my Ryzen 3 3600g CPU was acting up and when I was working on it it straight up just fell out of the socket while the bar was down and pushed in some pins so that caused me to replace it with a Ryzen 5 1600 which I have now.
(I also know I can write very confusingly so if you don't understand something please just ask)

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2022
just tried it on my TV, worked fine with HDMI. Thanks so much for the help dude I didn't realize it was going to be as simple as a cable issue. Very relieving for my wallet.