Question my PC wont post or startup but SOME of my USB devices have power

Oct 7, 2021
whilst playing a game i pulled my mouse and it seemed to have pulled out my power cable slightly causing the pc to power off. when i tried to turn it back on i got no post beebs and my monitor was showing no output however what i found weird was that my keyboard would light up and my webcam would show that it was on but my mouse didnt. so i kept trying to turn it on and off again with 10 minute intervals and noticed that my mouse would flash on for 1-2 seconds then turn off when my keyboard turned on. Can someone please help me i doubt there is any issue with my hardware.

Reactions: Kelogen
Oct 7, 2021
test with another mouse?
recheck all the cable?
i dont have another mouse with me but i dont know how this would help anything i have a suspicion that maybe part of the psu that powers the mouse and monitor isnt working but i really wouldn't know

all the cables seem to be fine and i have used different usb ports and dvi ports i know there is no issue with the powercable because the pc fans spin and power is going through to some of the periferals

Kelogen

Commendable
Oct 3, 2019
Having the same issue. PC would light up rgb but the power button (and even bridging the pins) dont spin the fans or do a single thing. Not a light on the motherboard's EZ Debug. Power supply is this month fresh, computer is almost two years old total. It was completely fine until it decided to shut itself down like it overheated. After resetting the cmos, the rgb will no longer light up and I now have zero indications that my motherboard is recieving electricity.