Question My PC won't power on

Jul 16, 2020
Hi! Hope someone can help me. I've had my PC for a little over 3 years now. It's a ryzen 5 1600 build with a Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 motherboard and a GTX 1060 in it. For the most parts, it has worked really well, however about 2 months ago, my Evga 500W 80% bronze psu stopped working, so I swapped it out for the Corsair 650W 80% gold that I have now, and it all worked again. A couple of days ago, my pc stopped powering on. When I plug it in and press the power button, my keyboard lights up and the little light on my gpu signallimg it has power turns on. My psu clicks once, but other than that it is complete silence. Nothing else turns on. Does anyone have any idea what could be the issue? Would love some more insight.

Edit: Okay, I tried plugging my psu into a different computer that I know starts, and still nothing. Looks like maybe this psu has broken as well? That leaves the question, is there something else in my PC that causes this? This is the second psu that has failed in 2 months. Could something like my motherboard be faulty and short circuit my psu or something along those lines?

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2020
It could be drivers that require update. since you cannot see the screen, you need to access bios and reset the pc and install windows and use drivereasy to update driver.
This happened to my new laptop acer nitro 5, because of driver, no display, i could see keyboard turn on .
it has to be with drivers, so reset

Jul 16, 2020
It could be drivers that require update. since you cannot see the screen, you need to access bios and reset the pc and install windows and use drivereasy to update driver.
This happened to my new laptop acer nitro 5, because of driver, no display, i could see keyboard turn on .
it has to be with drivers, so reset
Any idea how I would do this when my pc doesn't power on?

Jul 16, 2020
when you are saying, keyboards are lighting up, it means technically your pc is turning on, so u need it get into the bios and install windows again firstly
  1. Power on and press del, you will enter into bios mode
  2. Install Windows
and you should be fine

Jul 16, 2020
when you are saying, keyboards are lighting up, it means technically your pc is turning on, so u need it get into the bios and install windows again firstly
  1. Power on and press del, you will enter into bios mode
  2. Install Windows
and you should be fine
Yeah, I get what you're saying, but it sadly isn't the case. It lights up, yes, but nothing else powers on. No fans turns on, the pc doesn't post, none of the LEDs in the system turns on. One thing I have noticed is that the little light on my gpu and the light on my keyboard normally turns on when I turn on the power switch on my psu, but after these issues started happening, these lights doesn't turn on until I press the power button on my case

TRENDING THREADS