[SOLVED] My PC wont recognize my MUSHKIN Scorpion Deluxe MKNP44SC480GB-DX 480GB PCIe anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2019
Hi back in 2016 I bought mushkin scorpion pcie ssd. It was working fine. During the years I even formated it once or twice (can not remember), without any problems. Yesterday I was just cleaning the dust from my pc, and replaced my old PSU Lc-power 750w (bronze), with new 750w PSU (gold certificat). And I added new, icy box (usb/sd/sata... extendor), and added new 1x power/1x reset button (5v) (If its matter).

The problem is when I pluged in back all the components, windows wont recognize scorpion delux pcie ssd anymore. Even in a bios it wont show up. In bios I have "side" option called Board explorer. Here it recognized something, by a name "unknown vendor".

Windows are installed on Samsung ssd (main disk). I was tying to unplug all the other disks, then tryed to plug in only samsung ssd and mushkin, nothing better, even try to move mushkin ssd in to a different pci slots, noting better. I tryed to replace bios battery, noting....

I notice that when I turn on my PC I can go to LSI BIOS i guess it is a "mushkin ssd bios" by pressing ctrl+c and here it shows up scorpion delux ssd, and under "status section" it is selected as enabled.

I have some important project files on a disk. So I hope, the data are not lost...

Oh and my PC specification:

motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING (MS-7845)
CPU: Intel core I7-4770K
GPU: Sapphire R9 290 vapor x
RAM: G.Skill F3-2400C10D-8GTX 16GB (4x4GB) PC19200 DDR3
PSU: ARGUS 750W (GOLD CERTIFICATE)
1x icy box Multiport Front Panel
DISKS:
1X SAMSUNG SSD (PRO SERIES) (MAIN installed windows on it)
1X MUSHKIN Scorpion Deluxe MKNP44SC480GB-DX 480GB PCIe

2X EXTERNAL DISK (hitachi and seagate usb 3.0)
4X RANDOM HDD (currently not pluged in) (1x wd caviar black, 1x seagate barracuda, 1x toshiba, 1x random old wd disk)

Screenshots of the problem:
https://ibb.co/NCWshRy
https://ibb.co/Mk9Czn9

Ps. And sorry for my bad English, hope you will understand...

Take care and tnx you

Solution
Hate to be the one breaking it to you but both the PSU's you've mentioned are not even worth being paired in your system. Where are you located and is it possible to return the PSU for something more, robust and made out of quality components?

Lutfij

Titan
Hate to be the one breaking it to you but both the PSU's you've mentioned are not even worth being paired in your system. Where are you located and is it possible to return the PSU for something more, robust and made out of quality components?

Solution
Jul 22, 2019
Tnx you for your reply. Unfortunately I cannot return it. But no problem, can buy a new one. At least for my safety. I am from Slovenia. For now I will try to plug in the old one, (LC power), and see if PSU is the problem. By the way, any quick recommendation, for the PSU (750-850w) ? Budget for PSU = no limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.