[SOLVED] My pc wont recognize the mic

May 11, 2020
My pc has 2 jacks, one for headphones and one for mic. When I plug in my earphones the mic just doesnt work. The pc recongises that I pluged something in but discord and every other website wont detect the mic. THis also happened with my cheap gaming headset.

Solution
So your microphone is incorporated within your earphones? If so, try finding another jack (usually on the top of cases) that isn't labeled microphone or headphone. The microphone and headphone jacks are used separately to recognize specific inputs. A single jack that isn't labeled may be compatible with a single jack that controls a headphone and microphone. The reason it works on your phone is probably that your phone doesn't have two distinguishable jacks for microphones and headphones, it just has one, which is used for both microphones and headphones. Although, you could always buy a Y-splitter from amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076S6BS51/ref=emc_b_5_t
This is the one I use. It is affordable and works with phones...

Ziferous

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
Perhaps you are plugging the jacks into the wrong inputs. There is usually one input that is green (or colored, for that matter), this usually indicates the headphone jack. Pink generally represents where the microphone should be plugged in. Also, if you haven't already, look up your microphone's manufacturer and download its latest drivers. Also, try plugging in the microphone first and let you're (assuming you are using Windows 10) Windows recognize it. If this doesn't work, check your sound control panel (Control Panel<Hardware and Sound<Manage Audio Devices<Recording) and make sure that your microphone is set as the default device.

I hope this helps.

May 11, 2020
I am sure that I plugged it into the right jack. They are marked with signs that represent headphones and mics. I dont have a proper mic but when I plug in wired earphones that mics work on my phone. they dont recognize the mic and doesnt work.

Ziferous

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
So your microphone is incorporated within your earphones? If so, try finding another jack (usually on the top of cases) that isn't labeled microphone or headphone. The microphone and headphone jacks are used separately to recognize specific inputs. A single jack that isn't labeled may be compatible with a single jack that controls a headphone and microphone. The reason it works on your phone is probably that your phone doesn't have two distinguishable jacks for microphones and headphones, it just has one, which is used for both microphones and headphones. Although, you could always buy a Y-splitter from amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076S6BS51/ref=emc_b_5_t
This is the one I use. It is affordable and works with phones, laptops, consoles, and PCs.

Solution