Question My pc wont restart and led on fans not working.

Captain Morgan17

Reputable
Jul 15, 2017
Hi i have just finished building my first PC well almost complete im using old gpu and ram. Anyway the problem im having is the pc wont restart and the roof fans 14mm they spin no problem. but the led's dont light up.

I can get the led's to light up for 2 seconds if i press the reset button on my motherboard, then they just switch off again, but continue to spin.
Restarting the pc i have tried turning off some power option features like sleep, hibernate, and still it wont restart.

Any help would be greatly appreciated im not very experienced with pc's as this is my first build.

Captain Morgan17

Reputable
Jul 15, 2017
Most won't be able to provide guidance if you don't provide full system specs; CPU, MOBO, RAM, GPU, PSU, HDD/SSD, CPU Cooler, Fans, CASE, etc. so we know what you are working with.

Was the PC running fine before and now not, or did you never get it to BOOT and Post (if so read these tips... https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/ )
Ah sorry about that

My Pc:
Mobo = MEG Z490 UNIFY
ssd = Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB
ram. = corsair vengeance 16gb 3000mhz ddr4
gpu = msi 1080
cpu = intel 10850k
cooler = deepcool assassin 3
psu = Corsair 850W gold
case = phantek p500A
fans 2 mounted on roof and 3 front mounted ( came with case) rgb

Captain Morgan17

Reputable
Jul 15, 2017
Was the PC running fine before and now it won't start, or did you never get it to BOOT and Post upon the initial build?

Here are some great tips for the latter one, where the PC never booted or posted... https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/
Oh it turns on fine and i have installed windows 10 on it. But i cant get into BIOS since installing an OS.
When i press restart it acts like its restarting but the tower never actually turns off.

Captain Morgan17

Reputable
Jul 15, 2017
You talking about clicking restart in Windows or the reset button on the case?

Have you tried to hard shutdown the PC and get into the BIOS that way when start it back up or does it even shutdown normally through Windows?
it shuts down fine and sometimes it will restart from windows sometimes not. The monitor just goes to standby mode and never returns. I cant get into bios via windows or via restart/shutting down. I wonder if the gpu has something to do with this?