Question my pc wont run

Jan 29, 2020
i just built a PC from brand new parts and when i power it on only the motherboard, ram and PSU lights up no fans not even the CPU cooler i triple checked all of the connections can someone help?

Jan 29, 2020
might be handy to know exacly what you have.. full system specs
cpu: ryzen 3700x with wraith prism cooler

gpu: msi rtx 2060 super

mobo: Msi x570 something

Ram: corsair vengence rgb pro

SSd: kingston 960 gig something

psu: thermal take 750 watt rgb grand series fully modular

case: coolermaster h500

My initial impression says it is probably a bad motherboard. Some things are getting power, while others aren't, which indicates something is wrong with power delivery. PSUs don't tend to be bad, but this could also be an issue, though less likely. Hard to say for sure. Have you tried getting a display? does anything show up on the monitor? Does it boot, if so how far, can you get to BIOS?

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
are the cables plugged in properly? I believe some modular systems the cables have to be plugged in a certain way. a certain side . I believe the ones that require this are marked with a PSU on the connector that needs to go to the PSU. if this isn't the case with yours, I would have to think perhaps it is a bad motherboard. if you could test the PSU on another PC you could rule that out . maybe try with only 1 stick of Ram, make sure its in the proper slot , remove Cmos battery and reset bios. and maybe try to boot again, with limited hardware and only 1 SSD or HDD