Question My PC won't shutdown when I click the "Shut down" menu item in Windows ?

Feb 4, 2023
Hi, i really need help with this one.

I built my pc about 1 year ago the specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: RTX 3060
Motherboard: MSI mortar b450M max
PSU: Kolink core 600w
RAM: 16Gb G.Skill aegis
Storage: Samsung 980 250Gb and Seagate 2TB
Case: MSI MAG forge 100M

The PC was running fine after a BIOS update that solved some strange BSOD until one day i arrived home and when I started my PC it did not boot and the CPU debug light was on, after waiting around I forced shutdown by pressing the start button in the case and for some reason I removed the power cable. Next day it was working fine. 1 week later when I shutted it down it kept restarting so I had to forced it to shutdown and once again removed the power cable. I kept this routine over and over trying to find the problem I updated the BIOS, restored windows, It did not work. The other day I was playing DOOM Eternal, the temperatures where fine as always 50°C for CPU and 60°C for GPU, and it was all going smoothly until i decided to play League of Legends and the computer just shutted down and showed the CPU debug light again and it did not boot even after i forced the shutdown, this was the first time, so i repeated the process of removing the cable and letting it "rest" for a while. This solved the problem until today when it happened again, this seemed to happen only when playing League so reinstalled the game but this time I decided to make a fresh windows installation and after the first reboot necessary the pc didn't boot again, always showing CPU debug light.

I really appreciate your help, I hope you can help me fix this.

P.S. I have also tried Furmark, nothing abnormal, memtest, nothing abnormal, and have all the driver up-to-date, nothing wrong with the storages units, at least nothing i can detect. Also when the CPU debug light is on the fans seem to ramp up to 100%.

Oct 23, 2022
You should check your drive on which your system is installed might solve the problem!
You can replace it with another SSD or HDD which you have and install windows on it again with the help of bootable drive hope it helps

Feb 4, 2023
You should check your drive on which your system is installed might solve the problem!
You can replace it with another SSD or HDD which you have and install windows on it again with the help of bootable drive hope it helps
Thank you for your help but unfortunately it did not work. Now I am also experience random restarts when the pc enters sleep mode. I am really running out of ideas.

Reactions: Arjun Trehan
Feb 4, 2023
I had a similar issue. The problem was in the processor. The processor legs were slightly bent. I had an AMD FX 8320 processor
Really!? Did the problem started right after you installed it or started some time after? If indeed the problem is the processor, I have the problem that I didn't assemble it and I don't know if the store where I bought the components will give me a new one. With my experience until now they seem pretty reluctant to take a closer look, so i might just ask them to take out the processor on the spot. What do you think? I have very bad experience with warranty on broken hardware, here in Portugal.

Feb 7, 2023
Really!? Did the problem started right after you installed it or started some time after? If indeed the problem is the processor, I have the problem that I didn't assemble it and I don't know if the store where I bought the components will give me a new one. With my experience until now they seem pretty reluctant to take a closer look, so i might just ask them to take out the processor on the spot. What do you think? I have very bad experience with warranty on broken hardware, here in Portugal.
This is an assumption. It might be an option. When I changed the processor in the computer, I bent the legs of the processor. Then the computer started to restart unexpectedly. The problem did not appear immediately.
The same issue was fixed with a BIOS update.

Feb 4, 2023
This is an assumption. It might be an option. When I changed the processor in the computer, I bent the legs of the processor. Then the computer started to restart unexpectedly. The problem did not appear immediately.
The same issue was fixed with a BIOS update.
I'll check it out today.

Feb 4, 2023
Sorry for taking so long to answer, but the first time I turned on the computer since my latest response it did not boot, so I went and checked the cpu pins, they appear all aligned, so i put it back into place, and changed thermal paste, but it still doesn't boot.