Question My pc wont turn on after applying thermal past

Elie_4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2016
Me and my friend replaced thermal past of cpu my friend removed cpu to applied thermal past by mistake a wipes dropes on cpu ping but we removed it safly after that we cleaned dust on pc then tried turn on pc, the pc turns on but with no display, idk what to do , I removed ram, my pc light all turned on even cpu cooler, I see gpu turning but not fast barely truning, but we did not touch gpu. By the way my pc worked fine before it.

Last edited:

Elie_4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2016
broken pin doesn't sound good.
I think it is time say bye the motherboard, after trying to fix motherboard pins after turning on pc, I smeld somthing burning turned off everything tried to connect everything and pc turn on like but still no display, I am afraid the motherboard is going bad.

Elie_4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2016
Me my friend tried to applie thermal to the cpu, my friend removed cpu from motherboard and then after a wipes fell on motherboard it pulled some pins and pc showed no display, I tried fix most pins and one broke or stuck down the motherboard hole, after that tried connect everything then I think I connected a wire wrong and I semlled something burning so I quiy turn off pc then reinstalled everything and eveything turn on but still no display, does this mean I need new motherboard or there is hope of fixing it.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Need new motherboard . Possibly need new cpu. Need to decide whether replacing the old stuff with compatible hardware or upgrading to a newer platform is more cost effective.

Definitely need professional help (or at least help from someone who is more expert than you or your friend) to rebuild the pc, or it will get far more expensive than it already is.

Elie_4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2016
Need new motherboard . Possibly need new cpu. Need to decide whether replacing the old stuff with compatible hardware or upgrading to a newer platform is more cost effective.

Definitely need professional help (or at least help from someone who is more expert than you or your friend) to rebuild the pc, or it will get far more expensive than it already is.
I am short on money so If cpu still good I prefer buy a new motherboard and save my self. I have no money now so my sister said she lend me 200$ to buy one. I need a 6 month at least to think of upgrading something and pay my sister money back

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I am short on money so If cpu still good I prefer buy a new motherboard and save my self. I have no money now so my sister said she lend me 200$ to buy one. I need a 6 month at least to think of upgrading something and pay my sister money back
Still need some help with the rebuild, someone with a steady hand who has built pc's before and knows about thermal paste.