Question My pc wont turn on but when ever i go to the computer shop to get a check on it

Derekapit

Prominent
Sep 8, 2022
My pc turns on immidiately but on the next day i wont turn on any advice on how to troubleshoot it? Ive tried replacing PW cables still no hope and using a screw driver to short the pw button

Derekapit

Prominent
Sep 8, 2022
I've bought this pc about 5months ago
I tested the psu by connecting the 16th and 17th pin it works but whenever i connect it to my mobo it wont start. But when i bring it to the store i bought the pc from there is no problem with the pc

Derekapit

Prominent
Sep 8, 2022
Ive tried thecpaper clip test it on my psu it turns on but when i connect it to my mobo nothing happens maybe its my psu? Ive tried every outlet in my house but it has the same issue

I used a multimeter on testing the output voltage of the 24pin and 8pins and the output is correct maybe the culprit is the mobo right?
If your PC hardware had a problem then it would still have a problem in the PC shop...
Do you use the same power cable (from wall to PC) in your house that was used in the PC shop? Otherwise try a different cable as well if they get corroded they start giving out less power.

Derekapit

Prominent
Sep 8, 2022
Yes i brought my own power cable that i use in my home. There is no problem when my pc turns on i use it 6-8 hrs per day but getting it to turn on takes hours sometimes it wont turn on the whole day