[SOLVED] My PC won't turn on. I don't think anything fried. I've tried some stuff.

Oct 29, 2020
Hello, everyone.

Here's my problem:

I have a 5-year old PC that still runs reasonably well. It was very dirty, though, so I decided to clean it up.
Opened the case, cleaned by blowing the dirt off, removed the front panel to clean it as well. So far, so good.
Then I made a mistake, I think. I booted it to see how it was and if I needed to clean more. It booted just fine. I didn't have a keyboard, mouse or monitor nearby, so I forced it off by using the on/off button. When I was turning off the power supply, it lit up briefly - it wasn't off, it was starting a reset. I couldn't react in time and turned off the power supply.
I shrugged.
I decided it was still a bit dirty, so I cleaned a bit more.
Then I moved it back to the table it usually sits, and it didn't turn on.
Nothing. No sign of life.

Then, I opened it again, swapped the RAM from one slot to another, tried turning it on again. Nope.

Opened it, removed the BIOS battery, waited 5 mins for the reset. Put it back in. Tried turning it on. Yay! It did turn on.

But it wasn't booting. After trying to boot a few times, I realized that because of the BIOS reset, my raid config was wiped. So, I configured the raid again, tried booting. It booted! Yay

But like 30 mins later it shut down suddenly, without any touch from anyone.

Since then, I've repeated the steps to no avail.

I have no clue about what is happening.

I may have used too much force on the RAM and/or on the battery, but nothing cracked. (And it wasn't A LOT of force, anyway)

TL;DR: my PC won't turn on. No sign. Nothing. I've tried swapping the RAM and reseting the BIOS, which worked for 30mins and then nothing again.

Solution
Paper clip test just turns on the power supply - like pressing switch
If you shorted the correct pins then I would say the power supply died.
However - first look to see if the 24 pin connector is plugged in.
As an additional test you could jumper the two wires at the 24 pin connector before you pull power supply.
Paper clip test just turns on the power supply - like pressing switch
If you shorted the correct pins then I would say the power supply died.
However - first look to see if the 24 pin connector is plugged in.
As an additional test you could jumper the two wires at the 24 pin connector before you pull power supply.

Solution