Question My PC won't turn on, only the CPU fan runs for a split second ?

Seven Yame

Prominent
Feb 20, 2022
hello, so a few months ago, I wanted to show my friend how all the stuff is connected in a pc and it won't turn on :/. An older friend who built his pc alone tried to help me, but no success but we got to know the psu was not the problem. We've tried playing with the f panel connectors and the only thing we've got was the power led on and in the same day my mom threw a few punches on the top of the case(where the psu is) but after more tries it would get power to turn on fan and led for a second.

A few months after this, I tried to plug f panel connectors and as I failed I did the screwdriver trick and I got this:The cpu fan gets really small amount of power so small it only moves the fan for a few centimetres and the led or something else won't turn on (when this happens, I hear a click noise).

My specs are:

IS6XM rev 1.0 motherboard
i5 3470
1x8 ram
Radeon R7 350 oem
1x HDD

I need to mention it was working before the problems started.

Update:
I got the sound on this video, and the little movement it's at 0:17-0:20 (max volume recommended):

Last edited:
It was nJoy 450 w (non bronze or bronze idk)

That's not a good quality PSU brand to be troubleshooting a PC with, but I guess if it works okay on your friends PC it should be okay on yours with an R7 350 GPU.

I am out of ideas at this point, other than stripping it down & rebuilding it (seemingly faulty computers have been known to work again after rebuilding if the problem was just a few loose connections).

Seven Yame

Prominent
Feb 20, 2022
That's not a good quality PSU brand to be troubleshooting a PC with, but I guess if it works okay on your friends PC it should be okay on yours with an R7 350 GPU.

I am out of ideas at this point, other than stripping it down & rebuilding it (seemingly faulty computers have been known to work again after rebuilding if the problem was just a few loose connections).
Actually my mom said will take the pc in maximum 2 months to a service.When it will come back I will update you with what have been found

Seven Yame

Prominent
Feb 20, 2022
So, to skip the details, read this thread and it;s comments:https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-the-cpu-fan-runs-for-a-split-second.3750848/. I got the results from the service, the motherboard and something else (probably cpu) need to be replaced and it costs about 150 euro, but I don't have the money since my family is broke so I will buy them myself and replace them.I have thousands of hours of watching builds, but this is the first time I actually do some building and I am really scared not to screw it up, because I can't afford it.