Question My PC won't turn on properly. Everyting looks fine inside but there is no output to the monitors or peripherals. Why is this?

Jan 15, 2019
All the fans and LEDs turn on inside the case, but nothing else happens. The monitors don't find an output and my keyboard and mouse don't turn on (the LEDs). The PC looks to be running normally from the outside but there is nothing happening. It happened a while back, but then I was able to get into the BIOS or sometimes even Windows after resetting it a couple of times. Now I can't even reset it and I have not been able to get into the BIOS or Windows at all.

I have already reconnected every component and also stripped the PC down to the basics but I can't figure out where the problem is. Does anyone know if this is a hardware problem at all and how I might find out what I can do to fix it?

These are my specs:
Mobo - Asus Z170-P
CPU - Intel Core i5-6600K
GPU - Asus STRIX GTX 1060
Ram - 16 GB DDR4
PSU - CM G650M
SSD & HDD

Jan 15, 2019

I have already tried multiple different configurations of ram sticks in all of the slots but it made no difference

Jan 15, 2019

Yes, but it is not just a problem with the display. I have two monitors and they both don't find an input, but the same goes for my mouse and keyboars. Usually when I turn on my PC they both light up, but now it seems like they are not plugged in even though they are.

rigger922

Reputable
Dec 7, 2018

Okay have you tried your GPU in a diffrent system or try a different a GPU in yours

Jan 15, 2019

No I have not tried that but I don't have a spare GPU lying around and I don't know anybody with a GPU (or pc for that matter) to try this. I have tried to just take out the GPU and plug an HDMI cable straight into the motherboard but this still did not change the situation (not sure if this would even work at all but I am pretty desperate at this point)

rigger922

Reputable
Dec 7, 2018
Plugging the hdmi into the mobo wont work unless you have on-board gpu the only thing i can suggest is take the gpu to a shop and asked to get it tested then o we have to rule out all possible things it could be 1 at a time.

Jan 15, 2019

The mobo does have onboard gpu (http://www.pc-specs.com/mobo/Asus/Asus_Z170-P/3475) but I found some articles that said you have to enable this in the BIOS. Is there another way to do this because getting into the BIOS is no option right now?

Jan 15, 2019

I have already stripped it down to only the motherboard, CPU and power supply but I still run into the same problem. Everything starts turning on inside but the monitor and peripherals don't do anything