[SOLVED] My PC Won't turn on when I press the case power

Aug 22, 2020
My PC won't start up at all, the motherboard has lights that glow on it when i turn on the power supply but when I press the power button on the case it won't turn on. I already tried plugging and unplugging the front panel cables a million times but I just don't know what the issue could be, I need help, big time.

Solution
Try jumping it; touch something conductive like a screwdriver on the 2 pins that the power switch connects to.

If this doesn't work then your PC is in more trouble than just a broken case switch lol.

Crowii

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2014
Try jumping it; touch something conductive like a screwdriver on the 2 pins that the power switch connects to.

If this doesn't work then your PC is in more trouble than just a broken case switch lol.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
My PC won't start up at all, the motherboard has lights that glow on it when i turn on the power supply but when I press the power button on the case it won't turn on. I already tried plugging and unplugging the front panel cables a million times but I just don't know what the issue could be, I need help, big time.

Knowing whether this is a new build or one that previously worked is quite important information. As is general information about your specs, which you have not provided.

TRENDING THREADS