[SOLVED] My PC wont turn on when i press the power button ?

SawmMawia

Great
Jan 17, 2021
Gigabyte H61M S2P B3 rev 1.0
1 stick of 4gb ddr3 and 1 stick of 2gb ddr3(6gb ddr3)
Intel Core i3 2120
Intel HD Graphics 2000
500Gb HDD
PSU:Supercomp Sep 500

My PC doesn't turn on when i press the power button ?

It was working last night but now it doesn't,the power cable and the psu are fine,tested it on my friend's pc,the ram is fine as well.
I think its the motherboard, how do i know which part of the motherboard is broken ?
And can a dead cmos battery cause this?

I used to fix the problem by removing and re-installing the RAM, but now that trick ain't working

Help

Solution
Intel Core i3 2120
Intel HD Graphics 2000
500Gb HDD

It was working last night but now it doesn't,the power cable and the psu are fine,tested it on my friend's pc,the ram is fine as well.
I think its the motherboard, how do i know which part of the motherboard is broken ?

I used to fix the problem by removing and re-installing the RAM, but now that trick ain't working

Help
You would probably have to look at the capacitors on the motherboard and see if they look burnt. Yes cmos can cause this issue.

The Idiot

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2013
Intel Core i3 2120
Intel HD Graphics 2000
500Gb HDD

Help
You would probably have to look at the capacitors on the motherboard and see if they look burnt. Yes cmos can cause this issue.

Reactions: SawmMawia
Solution

TRENDING THREADS