my pc wont turn on

TKWH

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
i built my first ever ryzen build a few day ago, with many fps issues and looking around, i was in the bios, and i set my cpu frequency to 3000, that was the only think i changed. and when i went to start it up again, it would just run run run, no output to my monitor, my keyboard isnt lighting up nothing! ram was set to 2133. i had never changed anything but that. ryzen 7 1700 msi b350 16gb 3000mhz ram set to 2133.. thanks i could use all the help i can get right now :{

all the fans light up, everything inside the system lights up. the crazy thing is, it wont even let me turn it off!

Solution
Flip the switch on the back of the psu to turn it off. Then do a clear cmos ,use the right jumper for that,which one can be found in the manual.Or take the motherboard battery out for 5min,then put it back. After that flip the switch on the psu to on again and test.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Flip the switch on the back of the psu to turn it off. Then do a clear cmos ,use the right jumper for that,which one can be found in the manual.Or take the motherboard battery out for 5min,then put it back. After that flip the switch on the psu to on again and test.

Solution

TKWH

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017

perfect timing my man, will pulling out the battery damage anything?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
It's meant to be able to be replaced so no. There's a small latch that keeps it in place just push that gently with a screwdriver and the battery will pop out. Best way might just be to look and find the jumper if you're not comfortable with doing this looking it's all new.

TKWH

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017

cant find a jumper, and do i keep the power cable in while doing this, thanks so much
and does it also make since my pc wouldnt turn off?

TKWH

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017

#fixed, thanks for the help!!!

TRENDING THREADS