Jan 19, 2023
Hello!
So, yesterday I was playing Valorant on my PC, then suddenly the electricity went off and my PC forcedly turned off. When the electricity went on again, I tried to turn it on again, but my PC didn't turned on, no LED blinking, no fan rotating, no sound or whatsoever. I checked everything on the motherboard and I thought there's no issue (no bubbled or burnt), I reseat/unplug and plug every thing on the motherboard, still no luck. So I thought again, maybe it's the PSU, I bought a new PSU and tried to turn it on again, still no luck, tried to plug directly to wall outlet/socket, nothing happen. So maybe it's the power switch not triggering, so I unplug the power SW pin and use a screwdriver to turn it on manually, but nothing still happen. Help, I ran out of idea. I really wanna repair it by myself before going to computer shop. I'd appreciate your help!

My PC spec:
  • Motherboard MSI H410M (Socket 1200)
  • Intel core i3 10100F 3.6 GHz Socket 1200
  • Memory HyperX DDR4 8GB 2666MHz (x2)
  • SSD 240GB SATA
  • HDD 1TB SATA
  • VGA GeForce GTX 750Ti 4GB DDR5
  • Casing GameMax Aero Mini
  • 3 Fan Case
  • Power Supply Unit Aerocool 500W 80+

I bought a new PSU:
- PSU Armageddon Voltron Bronze 300FX 300-600W 80+

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
First off, go ahead and return the new PSU. It's even worse quality than the original PSU, which was already pretty grim, and once the problem is resolved, you don't want to ever use it on a PC you'd like to continue owning; this is a fake 300W PSU and barely a 200W PSU even assuming all the parts inside are good (which nobody should assume). If you wait too long, you won't be able to get your money back.

Second, unless you have test parts such as a motherboard, this is a situation where you may need to bring this to a shop to diagnose parts. If the outlet is fine and two PSUs aren't even turning on, then it's likely another hardware problem such as a fried motherboard.

Reactions: kuroirei
Jan 19, 2023
First off, go ahead and return the new PSU. It's even worse quality than the original PSU, which was already pretty grim, and once the problem is resolved, you don't want to ever use it on a PC you'd like to continue owning; this is a fake 300W PSU and barely a 200W PSU even assuming all the parts inside are good (which nobody should assume). If you wait too long, you won't be able to get your money back.

Second, unless you have test parts such as a motherboard, this is a situation where you may need to bring this to a shop to diagnose parts. If the outlet is fine and two PSUs aren't even turning on, then it's likely another hardware problem such as a fried motherboard.
I guess if it's not the psu, it's the motherboard then? It might have gotten a short circuit(?)
Then the computer shop it is..
Thanks for the answer!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I guess if it's not the psu, it's the motherboard then? It might have gotten a short circuit(?)
Then the computer shop it is..
Thanks for the answer!

A lot can happen at a sudden power outage. And the original PSU, which is also not particularly good, wasn't exactly going to provide the ideal protection. Without test parts, it's really hard to diagnose it yourself.

Reactions: kuroirei