Question My Pc's case HDMI port isn't working

Jan 25, 2023
I decided to add a second monitor (older one) to my setup. I have my main monitor plugged to my graphic card's HDMI port. I have my second monitor plugged into a second HDMI port in my PC case (not my GPU) but it doesn't want to connect, my monitor says no signal cable detected.

On the contrast if I try to plug my second monitor to my gpu's HDMI port, I get a message of "our of range 67.5 khz / 60fps"

How can I successfully plug in my second monitor? I tried safe booting but didn't work.

I have my second monitor plugged into a second HDMI port in my PC case (not my GPU) but it doesn't want to connect, my monitor says no signal cable detected.
How can I successfully plug in my second monitor? I tried safe booting but didn't work.
Connect your second monitor to your graphics card instead.
Your GPU should have multiple video outputs - usually 1xHDMI, 3xDisplayPort.
If none of your monitors have DisplayPort input, then use DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.

Video output on motherboard will not work, because your CPU has integrated GPU disabled. It is not available.

Jan 25, 2023
It sounds like there may be a few different issues at play here.
  1. First, ensure that the second monitor is properly connected to the HDMI port on your PC case and that the cable is securely plugged in on both ends.
  2. Next, check that the monitor is set to the correct input source. On the monitor, there should be a button or menu option to switch between different inputs (such as HDMI, VGA, etc.). Make sure it is set to the correct input.
  3. If the monitor is still not detecting a signal, it may be because the HDMI port on your PC case is not active. Check your motherboard manual or the BIOS settings to make sure the port is enabled and properly configured.
  4. The "out of range" message is caused by the resolution or refresh rate of the monitor is not supported by the GPU. Try to adjust the resolution and refresh rate of the second monitor to the recommended values.
  5. If none of these steps work, you may need to install additional display drivers or update your current ones. Also, check that your Windows is up to date and all the drivers are up to date.
If the problem still persists, you may need to take your PC to a professional for further diagnosis.
My second monitor only has a VGA port, so I'm using an adapter to HDMI which I'm using to connect to my case which isn't resulting anything. I'm not sure how to enable my port

Jan 25, 2023
Connect your second monitor to your graphics card instead.
Your GPU should have multiple video outputs - usually 1xHDMI, 3xDisplayPort.
If none of your monitors have DisplayPort input, then use DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.

Video output on motherboard will not work, because your CPU has integrated GPU disabled. It is not available.
Indeed there is 3 Direct display ports and one HDMI. However, when I plug in my second monitor to the GPU port I get a "out of range" signal

My second monitor only has a VGA port, so I'm using an adapter to HDMI which I'm using to connect to my case which isn't resulting anything. I'm not sure how to enable my port
Can you provide link to the adapter?
Or photo of it? (upload to imgur.com and post link)

HDMI to VGA adapter would be unidirectional. Would work in one direction only.
So if you had VGA to HDMI adapter, that would not work for connecting VGA monitor.

Jan 25, 2023
Can you provide link to the adapter?
Or photo of it? (upload to imgur.com and post link)

HDMI to VGA adapter would be unidirectional. Would work in one direction only.
So if you had VGA to HDMI adapter, that would not work for connecting VGA monitor.
I have this one. I have little knowledge in computers so I thought this would work instantly

61l-0c2JNIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have this one. I have little knowledge in computers so I thought this would work instantly
Should work. Unless it is broken.
Or may be your second monitor is broken.