My pictures folder disappeared after moving

Qwerty511

Reputable
Feb 10, 2016
I was wanting to clear up some room on my C: drive, so I moved the My Pictures folder (by right clicking and choosing to change location) to the root of my E: drive. The folder disappeared, and so I checked the photos library, and it said it was referring to E: Backup (the name of my drive) for the pictures. It was also treating the drive as my pictures folder. I right clicked on the drive, and told it to restore to default location. It moved all the files on my drive to a file named "Pictures" instead of "My Pictures" the file is also treated as a normal file with a normal file image. How do I get my computer to recognize it as the official pictures folder?

Solution
You are probably looking at the Libraries not just the folders. Open up the C:\ drive, go to Users and then your user account, is the a folder called My Pictures with your files in it? You can also check how the Library is set for Pictures, right-click on Pictures under Libraries in Windows Explorer go to Properties and it will show you the locations it reads. If what you want is not there, click on Include a folder and follow the prompts. You will also see an option to "optimize this library for", make sure Pictures are selected.
You are probably looking at the Libraries not just the folders. Open up the C:\ drive, go to Users and then your user account, is the a folder called My Pictures with your files in it? You can also check how the Library is set for Pictures, right-click on Pictures under Libraries in Windows Explorer go to Properties and it will show you the locations it reads. If what you want is not there, click on Include a folder and follow the prompts. You will also see an option to "optimize this library for", make sure Pictures are selected.

Solution