[SOLVED] My ping has been higher to ONLY my region recently in FORTNITE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2019
Hello, I have a problem that is really upsetting me. I am a super competitive Fortnite player, and the lower the ping the better. When I recently first moved into my new apartment, for about 1-2 weeks maybe my ping was around 15ms-25ms. For the past MONTH my ping has been about 55ms-65ms connected to NA East servers. I live in Ohio, so this is my server. However, when I connect to NA West servers, my ping is about 50-60ms which is substantially lower considering how far away the servers are from me. I do not know how to fix this at all, and it's making me super mad. Please help me fix this.

Reactions: MrDooDoo69
Solution
Your only option is to get a different ISP that might have different connection to other ISP. Your only have control of the connection between your house and the ISP you buy service from. You have no way to influence any traffic paths within your ISP and especially between other ISP.

Fortnite and competitive makes me laugh in a game that has so much RNG in it but if it makes you happy.

Still it does not matter they do the same thing every other shooter games does to try to equalize things between people with different latency. A overly simplistic example. Lets say they feel that nobody has more than 100ms of latency. To make things fair for the guy who has 10ms and the guy who has 100ms they add a artificial 90ms to the...
Your only option is to get a different ISP that might have different connection to other ISP. Your only have control of the connection between your house and the ISP you buy service from. You have no way to influence any traffic paths within your ISP and especially between other ISP.

Fortnite and competitive makes me laugh in a game that has so much RNG in it but if it makes you happy.

Still it does not matter they do the same thing every other shooter games does to try to equalize things between people with different latency. A overly simplistic example. Lets say they feel that nobody has more than 100ms of latency. To make things fair for the guy who has 10ms and the guy who has 100ms they add a artificial 90ms to the guy who has 10ms. That way everyone has 100ms. So the difference if you had 25 ms and it went up to 50ms only means they add less artificial delay.

This is why you see cheaters using programs that have the ability to introduce delays in their clients. They pretend they are on a high latency connection and the game does not add as much delay. They then from time to time remove the delay they are using and get a advantage but they can only do it so long before the server detects it and add in delay.

If you where here complaining about a extra 100 or 200ms of delay I could see but your numbers are considered great. Still even if was 1000ms you are extremely limited once the data leaves your house.

Solution
Sep 29, 2019

Still it does not matter they do the same thing every other shooter games does to try to equalize things between people with different latency. A overly simplistic example. Lets say they feel that nobody has more than 100ms of latency. To make things fair for the guy who has 10ms and the guy who has 100ms they add a artificial 90ms to the guy who has 10ms. That way everyone has 100ms. So the difference if you had 25 ms and it went up to 50ms only means they add less artificial delay.

This is why you see cheaters using programs that have the ability to introduce delays in their clients. They pretend they are on a high latency connection and the game does not add as much delay. They then from time to time remove the delay they are using and get a advantage but they can only do it so long before the server detects it and add in delay.

If you where here complaining about a extra 100 or 200ms of delay I could see but your numbers are considered great. Still even if was 1000ms you are extremely limited once the data leaves your house.
You realize that Fortnite does have a little bit of RNG, but it is 95% skill or more. If it is so RNG based explain how some players consistently place in top 10. But thanks for your reply, I'll consider changing my ISP. Thank you, have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.