[SOLVED] My portable keyboard doesn't obey me anymore I need help

TheMitjaX

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2015
So I have this portable keyboard (my laptop had the "a" key broken years ago and I have been using the portable keyboard since then).
Anyway there seemed to be no problems besides the occasional lctrl got stuck but nothing bigger.
Anyway once before I had this issue where I pressed the delete key on portable keyboard
(this is all about portable keyboard keys issues) it would go to sleep and immediately wake
up (sleep mode isn't supposed to work like that but that's not the issue of today) I mean it isn't
supposed to act like this anyway it disappeared somehow and I had no problems
with the keyboard untill yesterday when the first thing that I noticed was the delete key
and it did exact same thing it went to sleep and immediately wake up note that laptop
keyboard (besides the A key) is working normally no issues there also on-screen
keyboard also works fine it's just the portable keyboard that's giving me problems.
Anyway today same thing is happening not sure how to fix it I will give you an example what
some of the keys on this portable keyboard were doing tommorow and yesterday.

DELETE - puts the computer to sleep or hibernate I'm not sure which one it is.

LCTRL - refreshes whatever is opened in front of it

1 - writes "¸1"

2 - opens "help" depends where you press it and what is opened

3 - actually works normally

4 and 5 - write "54"

6 and 7 - write "67"

8 and + - write "+8"

9 - actually works normally

' and 0 - write "'0"

F9 and F10 - this one might not be important but in this program called bandicam I set
F10 to record and F9 to just show FPS and I can decide where that FPS is seen well now
both of them do both things. They start recording and move abit if pressed again
then they stop recording and move the FPS across the screen again.

? and = - write "?="

* and ( - write *(

I have tested a few of them normal letters
seem to not be affected by this whatever this is
and the other F numbered keys seem to not
act strange.

If anyone knows how to fix this just tell me.

Solution
Without knowing the exact model and age of your laptop or keyboard, it is down to guessing.

You ay have an FN on your main keyboard (laptop) that is activated and that interfers with normal keyboard functions.

You may also want to check if the keyboard works on other computers (unless very cheap chinese model - then stay away).
Without knowing the exact model and age of your laptop or keyboard, it is down to guessing.

You ay have an FN on your main keyboard (laptop) that is activated and that interfers with normal keyboard functions.

You may also want to check if the keyboard works on other computers (unless very cheap chinese model - then stay away).

Solution

TheMitjaX

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2015

I've had this portable keyboard for years it only started doing that on November 13 anyway I bought a new one few days later and the problem is gone although I'd still like to know if there is a fix if it happens again? I mean besides buying a new keyboard :/