[SOLVED] My ports are closed, I've done everything I can

crapyahmad

Reputable
Jan 16, 2018
So a while ago, I bought GTAV online and started playing, I noticed that all the lobbies are empty and I get an error saying my nat type is strict, after a bit of googling I found out I need to portforward, but after doing that correctly, it still didn't work, port checkers also said that the ports I needed to be open (80 and 443) TCP are both closed, I disabled my firewall, plugged my router directly into my pc, played with all the settings that may be related, contacted my ISP (they said that they don't block any ports and that I forwarded correctly), and I spent about 2 weeks just posting on forums and googling but nothing worked.

So today, I made a minecraft server and I'm running into the same issue again, port 25565 is blocked and all of the things listed didn't work (again), so what can I do, I really need the help and thanks!

Edit : I just remembered, the only thing that worked was using speedify, but it's not free and slowed down my connection...

Last edited:
Solution
So a while ago, I bought GTAV online and started playing, I noticed that all the lobbies are empty and I get an error saying my nat type is strict, after a bit of googling I found out I need to portforward, but after doing that correctly, it still didn't work, port checkers also said that the ports I needed to be open (80 and 443) TCP are both closed, I disabled my firewall, plugged my router directly into my pc, played with all the settings that may be related, contacted my ISP (they said that they don't block any ports and that I forwarded correctly), and I spent about 2 weeks just posting on forums and googling but nothing worked.

So today, I made a minecraft server and I'm running into the same issue again, port 25565 is...

kanewolf

Titan

So today, I made a minecraft server and I'm running into the same issue again, port 25565 is blocked and all of the things listed didn't work (again), so what can I do, I really need the help and thanks!
Your ISP may not give you a public IP address. Some don't. If that is the case there is nothing you can do.

Reactions: crapyahmad
Solution

crapyahmad

Reputable
Jan 16, 2018
Check the WAN IP address in your router. If it is something that falls into one of these ranges then it is a private IP -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network
What are you using for your ISP? DSL, Cable, Cellular?
I don't know if it falls into any of these categories, I really don't understand the Wikipedia page well, it starts with 188.xxx.xx.xxx, but it's weird because a few weeks ago the WAN IP was different, even though I didn't change anything

ISPs regularly block ports used for email spamming and malware web hosts, for residential accounts. I would bet that your ports 80 and 25 are blocked. Some of them allow you to unblock the ports with just a phone call. Others require you to have 'business internet' to unblock.

Oh, if you're trying to game on an LTE router - fugetaboutit.