Question My ports wont forward

ExplicitArgo

Prominent
May 22, 2019
So I've been trying to open my ports for a ful 2 days now and this is my last resort. The ports i want to open are the xbox live ones. I have a Huawei HG8245Q2 Router, I've created rules on the port mapping tab selecting my device in the dropdown menu and double checking it with the command prompt. I've disable the router's firewall and added new rules on my windows firewall with the ports i need. With every attempt, i go to https://canyouseeme.org/ to check and have downloaded apps like PFConfig and Simple Port Checker to check. It always says theyre not open (Connection Timed Out on https://canyouseeme.org/). IDK WHAT TO DO!! HELP.

P.S. I've tried forwarding other ports. Same deal.

screenshot

Last edited:
Your first step is to be sure you have a public IP address. Make sure the address you see in your router on the wan port is the same as the ip the canyouseeme site says you are using. Hard to say what screen you can see this on it varies a lot from router to router and a small number do not show it.

This tends to be the most common cause of port forwarding problems people have that post here. You might call you ISP and ask them if your IP is public or private. You will never get port forwarding to work if the ip is private. The ISP maybe able to provide a public IP for possibly for a extra monthly charge.

Once you check the ip you can try to use the DMZ option rather than port forward. This is to eliminate some issue with port forwarding rules. DMZ forwards all ports so it not something you want to use long term.

After this you start to blame the end device. The data maybe getting to the end device but it may not be responding. Many times this is the program you are trying to check is not responding. Many people run the port scanners but do not have the application they are checking running on their pc. This gets complex to see since there is not a lot of data. The brute force method is to load wireshark so you can see the data being sent to and from your machine