My possibly new 4k blu ray player....

SLoBRoDTP

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
I'm thinking about selling my xbox one X and using some of that $ from the sale to buy a Pioneer 4k blu ray optical d rt I've for my gaming pc. Just curious if 1. Its a good idea and 2. Is my computer worthy of taking up the burden. I see that xbox exclusives are also being released on pc like Halo and Forza. My computer specs are...Mobo: Evga z370 classified K GPU: x2 Evga Gtx 1070 sc (sli) PSU: Corsair HX100i (1000w) Ram: Corsair DDR4 Vrngeance 32gb (3000) 4tb WD hard drive (blue) and Windows 10 pro 64. Currently I have a labelflash DVD/RW from the old computer I bought of craigslist.

Negative. Microsoft has dropped support for DVDs, Bluray and never had support for UHD (4K) Blurays in Windows 10.

Frankly if want a put it in and play kind of functionality you really should just stick with a dedicated player or the Xbox. Disc playing on PC is basically on end of life for real time playback. The scene for ripping the disc contents is still alive and well of course. So if you can certainly rip your discs and build a PLEX library with little trouble.

SLoBRoDTP

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
Aw I was really starting to think my computer was a do it all machine. However if playing back 4k content via disc is such a hassle on pc then I guess I'll hang onto the Xbox one X.

TRENDING THREADS