[SOLVED] My power cord isn't long enough, can i buy a longer one?

videogamingtown

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
I have a Corsair RM550W PSU in my build . Due to some issues i've had to change the location of the PC to another room, the power socket is a little more than 3 metres away from where the pc has to go, i can't move it closer as there's no space. The power cord doesn't reach the extension lead so i can't plug it in.... can i buy another longer psu cord online ? is it safe?

kanewolf

Titan
I have a Corsair RM550W PSU in my build . Due to some issues i've had to change the location of the PC to another room, the power socket is a little more than 3 metres away from where the pc has to go, i can't move it closer as there's no space. The power cord doesn't reach the extension lead so i can't plug it in.... can i buy another longer psu cord online ? is it safe?
Maybe. 3m is typically the longest available. What country do you need a mains plug for?

Where are you located? What country?