My printer HP 8600 connected to my iMac OS 10.10.3 via Bonjour is nor working, pls help

Eduardoag

Reputable
Jul 1, 2015
I lost the connection with the HP Inject Pro 8600 Plus, connected to my iMac OS 10.10.3 Yosemite, wireless connection local network, using Bonjour.

Unable to get HP or Apple to solve my problem. Please help me.
Thank you

Eduardo

LisaMarie Sptagent

Reputable
Jul 1, 2015

Hi Eduardoag, my name is Lisa, and I'd like to help you be able to print using your 8600 and Mac. There are a few settings in the printers Embedded Web Server(EWS) I suggest we check and maybe modify. Please obtain the IP address from the printer and enter it into a Browser on your computer. You will now see the printers EWS. Please click on the Network tab, then on Network Protocols under General. In the Network Protocols , please select IPv6 only and click apply. Next we will click on Port 9100 Printing in the Advanced Settings section and ensure this is enabled. Finally, I'd suggest you click on Bonjour in the Advanced Settings and if the Bonjour Highest Priority Service is currently set to LPD, please change this to 9100 Printing. These settings can all impact the Macs ability to print using the Bonjour Protocol. Bonjour is a technology that is built into Mac OS and iOS. This technology discovers devices such as printers that are installed on the same network as a Mac or Apple mobile device. Bonjour is the default method for discovering devices on a network.- Source

If the issue persists, the issue may have something to do with the router settings and to test my theory I would like you to try something for me. Please open the System Preferences, Print and Scan, click the + symbol to add a printer, but this time instead of the default tab, click the IP tab. Now we are going to add the printer using the HP Jet Direct Protocol instead of the standard Bonjour. You can enter the IP address here, choose the HP Jet Direct, and then select the printer driver, then try printing. You will not be able to scan this way, I just want to do this for diagnostic purposes. If you can print, it confirms the issue is the Bonjour protocol, and you will need to call your router provider to have them enable Bonjour, Multicasting, and ensure all of the necessary ports are open.

I hope this helps.
I work on behalf of HP.