my processor got limited Hz after i installed Intel Extreme Tuning utilty

sl4p3z

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
my processor got limited Hz after i installed Intel Extreme Tuning utilty
I didnt do anything i just installed then i check on cpuZ that from 3.4hz its limited now to 3.19
even on windows it says 3.2 Ghz (3.19) When default it says 3.20 (then + 0.20boost)

Solution
Found the solution.. (After formating my pc i did the usual tweaks in regedit) so i had a tweak that iv use in I3 computers to set the processor at its maximum.. but as i can see its not recommended for pc's with turbo boost cpu's
Computador\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Processor (word Start at 4)
Computador\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\intelppm Start 4
will put your processor at max speed all time.

sl4p3z

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
i found out the if i format my pc will solve the problem because i tried on dual boot and everything is fine but i really dont wanna format my pc :(((( someone has a solution? Unninstalling the software will not resolve anything.. Why is it capped to 3.19hz ???

I use Intel's XTU occasionally and while it has it's advantages, i discovered it created some conflicts in my BIOS and some instability - so i only install when i want to run it, then un-install it after use.

I figured it was just my ASUS BIOS, on a Z97M-Plus mobo, wasn't the most stable to begin with - but settings would change unrelated to what i had done in XTU. When i un-stalled, settings quit changing

sl4p3z

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
yea.. but for me unninstalling doesn't work...

btw a picture
4xjvofC.png

sl4p3z

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017

doesnt seem to be working doing that.. well i tried dual boot and GHz are fine.. i have to format my pc again lol in a small ammount of time.. (i just formated last weekend..)

sl4p3z

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
Found the solution.. (After formating my pc i did the usual tweaks in regedit) so i had a tweak that iv use in I3 computers to set the processor at its maximum.. but as i can see its not recommended for pc's with turbo boost cpu's
Computador\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Processor (word Start at 4)
Computador\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\intelppm Start 4
will put your processor at max speed all time.

Solution
Aug 16, 2018

Hi
I am quite new to all this so could you please explain it to me better.
I have a 7700HQ processor and installed the intel extreme program but then regretted it and uninstalled.
My laptop is now behaving differently especially the fans so the program did something.
pls help I am quite desesperate
thank you