Samtastic06

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Heya folks, i have posted a few things about my computer and such, but i have another question. I have a AMD A8 3870K APU. With Hd radeon 6550D Integrated graphics. When i first built my system i had Windows XP 32 bit, now i have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit. Now, my question is where could i find if my processor can handle this bit OS? Because on Xp this thing ran Quicker than quick, i mean its not a snail now, but it does seem to have lost some oomph. All of my specs are My APU, along with Radeon HD 6870 PEG 4GB of Kingston ram dual channeled, and an MSI A75-G55 MOBO. now if its not clear, it just seems my system is slower since ive been upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit, so would the OS be a problem, or would it be maybe the ram i have in the 64 bit OS. This system is new, i have ALL new parts, Mcafee Antivirus and Internet protection, along with my malware and spyware programs. So any help would be appreciated, and thank you for your input.

Solution
If it's noticeably slower and it's affecting things you do, then you might just have a driver issue, otherwise win7 will be slightly slower than XP just because it's a bloated OS compared to XP. Not that XP was really light, but still.

Robi_g

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Xp has lower minimum hardware requirements so will run faster, try windows 8 consumer preview, I run it as my main OS now (was on XP) and it runs really fast, even on the 7 year old Pc I have with 2GB RAM

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
If it's noticeably slower and it's affecting things you do, then you might just have a driver issue, otherwise win7 will be slightly slower than XP just because it's a bloated OS compared to XP. Not that XP was really light, but still.

Solution

Samtastic06

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Thanks for the tips insight guys, I ran a PC tune up program i had, ran my registry software, defragged and scanned through, and onc eit fixed all the issues it said it had, my computer is considerably quicker. Windows 7 has seemed to be a little slower, but it atleast can handle all of my drivers, as where Xp couldnt. I also just upgraded my PSU and for some reason it seems to have helped out too, maybe i was just not getting the right amount of juice. So thank you for the help guys.

Latest posts