Question My psu blow out now cpu overheating

Nov 26, 2019
My psu blow out so i got a new one then i want to boot up i got a cpu temp error i turned it off in bios got a full boot but still over heating aio is reading rpms but i dont think it is working right pc works fine but holding a 97 to 98c temp since all is working right dose that mean its the aio?

Nov 26, 2019
i have only had this issue since the psu blow out was running like a champ before that happened it did sit a few weeks before i had the money for a new psu eveg 850 G5 old one was a evge 850 G2
i dont think i tipped it but i tried running it with the hoses facing up to try and work out any bubbles no luck and yes i have software its a nzxt aio and i have cam software and aida 64 i tried reseating gpu and dram and pulled the water block off and on

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Pump is a tiny motor that pushes on a diaphragm to move the coolant across microfins. If the motor is showing rpm, it's obviously working, the only way it'll not move coolant is if either the diaphragm is toast or there's a blockage to the coolant by air bubble or algae. You can try a light flick to the pump itself or even giving the pc (when it's unplugged) a shake.

The psu blew. Don't assume it's the aio, it could very well be working fine. It could be the cpu quite easily, or the sensor addressed by the cpu_fan header. When a cpu blows everything attached to it, gpu, cpu, motherboard, drives, ram, aio, everything becomes suspect.

Look in Cam, set the temp to respond to liquid, not cpu, after half an hour the coolant with a 90°C + cpu should be well into the 40's, closer to 50°C if it's moving, but takes that long to climatize. At that temp, the fans should have raised rpm significantly.

What would cause a Evga 850w G2 to blow? That psu has plenty of protective circuitry, and is very high quality build, blowing is not usually something they are known for, usually psus like that just roll over and die, if they die at all.

Reactions: shawn.n
Nov 26, 2019
i ran the pc for about a hour all temps stayed the same so shut it down want to bed when i got up i booted it up and temps are normal now idle siting around 24c 30 min of prime95 hit a max of 55c

Last edited: